Follett Biola Virtual Bookstore Guide
How to Find Books?
- Go to www.biolayouth.bkstr.com
- Click "Start Here", then select your program, term, department, and course then click "Submit"
- Textbooks and purchasing options will then appear. Note: books marked "Required" are necessary for the class and those marked "Recommended" are optional.
- Select your books for each course and click "Add to Cart." After selecting your books click "Go to Cart." Note: "Backorder" may sometimes display. During busy season books move in and out of our warehouse quickly. We typically have a backup publisher order on its way and the book is back in-stock by the time your order ships. If for some reason we cannot fulfill your order, Customer Service will contact you immediately.
- Review your cart for accuracy then select a Textbook New/Used Condition preference. This lets us know if you would like to substitute a new book for a used book or vice-versa if the condition you selected is not available. If you choose not to have a book substituted, and your preferred condition is not available, we will contact you before canceling the order.
- After selecting your preference click "Checkout."
How to Checkout
- If you have shopped with Follett before, login with your email address and password
- If you are new to Follett, click "Register" to set up an account
- You will then be asked to select your shipping method. Remember, books may leave the warehouse the day you order or the next business day depending on the time the order was placed. The delivery clock starts when books leave, not when you order.
- To ship to an address other than the address displayed, click "Add a New Address." Add the new shipping address and click "Submit."
- Confirm the shipping address and click "Continue Checkout."
How to Pay
- Enter the name(s) of the student(s) that will be using the textbooks being purchased. This will help your school if something happens with the book choice later on.
- Select your payment type under "Payment Info" and complete the required fields
- Review your order details and click "Complete My Order." An order confirmation will then be sent to your email address.
About "Backordered" Books
When ordering a digital book, you will get a "Backordered" message on the book's stock status.
What does this mean?
When you order a digital book, you are purchasing or renting the digital rights to use the book for a specified time period. Because of this, Follett does not purchase the digital book from the publisher and hold it in stock until it is ordered by our customers so that we don't impose on the book's availability time period. Due to this process, the item is listed as backordered by our system.
When you place your order, the bookstore then provides you with a code and instructions to download your digital book. Note that it is important to order your digital books through your virtual bookstore in order to receive the correct items with the appropriate needed time frames.
Do not let the "Backorder" status deter you, we guarantee that any digital book ordered through your virtual bookstore will be delivered in time for the start of class.