Placing Material on Course Reserves
Guidelines for Instructors
- When submitting Reserves, please complete a Reserves Request Form.
- Refer to Reserves Guidelines for specific directions on how to place materials on library Reserves.
- Please allow 5-7 working days for materials to be processed. Materials are processed on a first-come, first-served basis in the order they are received.
- A maximum of 5 copies per title will be accepted.
- All Biola materials must be retrieved from the shelves by the submitting department or individual and brought to the Reserve Desk for processing.
- Please evaluate your materials before submitting them by referring to Copyright Requirements.
- Please do not submit course packs or course readers to be placed on Reserve. Such materials should be processed through the Biola Bookstore where appropriate copyright clearances may be obtained and issued.
- Personal copies of books may be prepared by library staff with the following items:
- Security strip
- Call number label
- Book strap
- Bar-coded card
- Materials submitted by Instructors must be in compliance with the Fair Use Provision of the U.S. Copyright Law.
- The library accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged materials.
For more information on Reserves, please contact:
kathy [dot] spicer [at] biola [dot] edu
562.944.0351, ext. 5602