Placing Material on Course Reserves
Instructors can place physical textbooks, media and other required course material “on reserve” in the library for students to use. Course reserves are located behind the Information Desk and may be checked out and used in the library building for two hours at a time. Note that course reserve material is not accessible to online students.
Liaison Librarian Review
- Your liaison librarian will review any available digital alternatives with you to ensure the best solution for the requested materials.
- In some cases, course materials can be purchased by the Library for the library collection. Your liaison librarian can confirm whether the material meets the criteria for purchase.
- Personal or departmental copies may be placed on Course Reserves and will be prepared by library staff with the following items: security strip (non-removable), call number label, book strap, barcoded card.
- Book chapters, articles and ebooks can be linked in Canvas.
- Course packs cannot be placed on Course Reserves.
For more information and to request material for Course Reserves, contact your liaison librarian.