“We Hire Biola”
Well-rounded. Strong character. Teachable. Experienced. Influential. Just some of the words employers use to describe Biola grads. Learn why companies and organizations are eager to hire from Biola.
Biola graduates have a strong record of securing good jobs and being admitted to leading graduate programs. Recent studies of Biola alumni indicate that:
were employed or admitted to graduate school within six months of graduation (compared to 75% of graduates from all other schools across the Western United States).
went on to receive a master's degree or higher within 10 years — almost five times higher than the achievement rate for U.S. adults.
Employers Love Biola
Employers regularly tell us how impressed they are by the caliber of our graduates — which is why so many of them come back to us whenever they have recruiting needs. Here are just some of the qualities that set Biola graduates apart.
A Robust Academic Foundation.
Biola is ranked in the top tier of national universities by U.S. News & World Report. Our graduates regularly continue on to prestigious graduate programs at such institutions as Harvard, Cambridge, Oxford, Stanford, USC, UCLA and Notre Dame.
Lieberman Research Worldwide
- Based on proximity, the majority of employee recruits to our firm come from two well-known local universities — UCLA and USC. Both are very well-regarded schools and their business programs considered top-notch. However, there is one school, Biola University, that is actually known within the company (LRW has 500+ people/$125M+ revenue) and among the HR staff as producing employees and long-term leaders that perform on par (and even better overall) than those from the prestigious UC or private universities. While the number of employees hired is much smaller, Biola grads are almost inevitably successful within the very demanding and stressful research and consulting arena.”
David S. Pearson
V.P. General Manager
Biola is intentional about developing the whole person, including intellectual, social, ethical and professional aspects. Our wide-ranging core curriculum produces graduates who can communicate well, ask thoughtful questions, think critically, solve problems and work effectively in diverse teams.
Paramount Unified School District
- There is something very special about Biola graduates. A lot of it has to do with the warmth and love they exude in working with our children. We have never ever regretted hiring a Biola graduate. They are wonderful individuals and our principals love them.”
Dr. Ruth Perez
An Emphasis on Character.
Biola incorporates a strong emphasis on character and ethics into each of its programs. As we prepare students for successful careers, we desire for them to be excellent not just in what they do, but also in how they do it — with integrity and care for others.
- As financial advisors, we deal with one of the most personal areas of our clients’ lives — their financial resources, and their stewardship of those resources. We need employees who are technically skilled and beyond that, we need them to be ethical, trustworthy and totally honest in their interactions with our clients. Six of our eight advisors are Biola graduates and all of them exemplify these qualities perfectly. As we grow our company, Biola alumni will continue to be high on our list of potential future employees.”
David K. Little, CFP, CFA
Biola’s small class sizes afford our students opportunities to develop close relationships with faculty experts, allowing them to receive more experience, guidance and professional development than graduates of larger universities.
PIH Health Hospital
- The Biola nursing graduates are a gift to our community and to the nursing profession. The rigor and preparation both personally and professionally for their future in nursing makes them 'standout' candidates in the competitive job market today, not only from a scholarly perspective but more importantly from a true caring of the human spirit. They are uniquely poised to create a new level of excellence in nursing that will demonstrate the intrinsic value of the profession to the world.”
Reanna J. Thompson
Chief Operating Officer/Chief Nursing Officer
Nearly 90 percent of Biola’s undergraduate students gain substantive work experience in internships, jobs, service projects, and civic engagement prior to graduation. Many of our students participate in cross-cultural settings domestically and internationally, engaging and learning in diverse environments.
- For over 30 years, KPMG has hired numerous Biola students into their first internships as well as their first full-time positions as associates in our audit, tax and advisory practices. KPMG is deeply committed to integrity, giving back to our communities, diversity and inclusion and is proud to foster a high-performance culture. Each Biola student that we've recruited over the years has demonstrated these same core values, and we look forward to hiring more Biola students in the future.”
A Record of Success.
Biola alumni are serving in influential positions at leading organizations around the world, including the United Nations, the U.S. Senate, Apple, Facebook, Boeing, Microsoft, Nike, Sony, Walt Disney, Paramount Pictures, Pixar, Toyota, Coca-Cola, Google, Oracle, Cisco, World Vision, American Red Cross and many, many more.
Special Olympics Southern California
- Our organization has been fortunate to employ numerous Biola graduates over the years, and we never cease to be impressed and pleased. A Biola graduate enters the workforce with a solid educational foundation, based on a biblical worldview. Their stability and eagerness to learn and grow make each of them a necessary part of a strong foundation of a great organization.”
About Biola University
Biola University is consistently ranked as one of America’s best universities by U.S. News & World Report and Forbes, and has become increasingly known for its academic quality and innovation. In recent years, U.S. News has recognized Biola as one of America’s top 10 up-and-coming national universities — an honor given to schools “worth watching because they are making promising and innovative changes.”
Located on the border of Los Angeles and Orange counties in the heart of Southern California, Biola enrolls more than 6,000 students each year, equipping them in mind and character for successful careers. The university’s eight schools — specializing in business, education, fine arts, humanities, intercultural studies, psychology, science and theology — offer more than 150 academic programs at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.