LINK+ is a service that allows currently enrolled students, staff and faculty of Biola University to borrow printed books and media items that are unavailable at the Biola Library. If an item is available at Biola library, it cannot be requested through LINK+; however, items that are checked out, lost or missing may be requested. Requested items are delivered via a courier service within 2-4 business days and picked up at the Information Desk.
How to Use LINK+
- Open the LINK+ Catalog and search for the item you want.
- Click on the title of the item to see if the item is available at a LINK+ library.
- If available, click "Request it."
- You will be asked "With which institution are you affiliated?" Select Biola University and click on "Submit."
- Enter your name, Biola ID number, and password. If you do not have a password, you will need to set up your library account first.
- Once your information has been submitted, a message will display as to the status of your request and what library it is coming from.
- You will receive an email when your request is available for pick up
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use LINK+?
Current Biola University students, staff and faculty may request books and media through LINK+. See Library Access for a list of all users eligible for LINK+ privileges.
What kind of material can be requested through LINK+?
Circulating books and media that are available in the LINK+ catalog may be requested. Reference books, reserves, periodicals and special collection items may not be requested. Items not available from Biola library or not obtained through LINK+ may be requested from Interlibrary Loan.
How long will it take to get the item through LINK+?
The time between placing a request and picking up the item at the library Information Desk is approximately two to four days. Books will be held for pickup for five days.
How do I check the status of my request?
You may check the status of your LINK+ request by viewing your library account online.
How long may I keep my LINK+ books? May I renew items?
The loan period for LINK+ books and media is 21 days. One three-week renewal may be requested, pending approval of the lending library.
What are the overdue fines and replacement fees for LINK+ materials?
There are no fines for overdue materials. The replacement cost for a lost or damaged LINK+ book or media is $115.00, unless determined otherwise by the lending library.
What is the "Visiting Patron" option and how do I use it?
This option allows a current Biola University student, staff or faculty member to go to a LINK+ library that participates in the Visiting Patron Program and borrow materials at that site. The items may be returned at the owning library or at the borrower's home library.
What is the "Pickup Elsewhere" feature?
The "Pickup Elsewhere" feature allows you to place a request online and select the participating LINK+ library where you may pick up the item.