Online B.S. in Entertainment Business
The business of entertainment determines what stories are told and how they’re seen. These decisions are made in offices, not on sets. For students of faith who desire to bring their voices into the most powerful form of communication on the planet, Biola’s fully online Bachelor of Science in Entertainment Business will prepare them to enter into the corporate offices where these decisions are made. Students will learn the science behind how content is targeted, created, greenlit, financed, marketed, monetized and distributed. They will dive into critical topics such as networking, business ethics, industry etiquette and corporate media structures. With Biola’s B.S. in Entertainment Business, students will be equipped to make critical, informed decisions that will ultimately impact one of the most influential industries in the world.
This online program is accepting applications for the Fall 2022 semester.
Yes! Tell Me More!
Why Choose Entertainment Business at Biola?
As a student of this unique program, you will:
- Learn How to Become a Decision-Maker in the Industry. By learning how the entertainment business operates, you will be uniquely prepared to enter into roles that influence media decisions. This program will train you not just in the skills required for entertainment executives, but also in the traits and character that will help you stand out within this industry.
- Learn at the #1 Christian film school. Industry trade publications like The Wrap ranked Biola’s School of Cinema and Media Arts as one of the top 50 film schools in the world, and Variety named Biola one of the top 30 film schools in North America. Additionally, we’re the only member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) recognized on these lists. As a student of this program, you will be trained by highly knowledgeable, experienced faculty, many of whom are active, accomplished industry professionals. A network of over 1,000 alumni across all aspects of the industry becomes an additional resource for students.
- Make an Impact for Christ in Entertainment. The B.S. in Entertainment Business is designed to help you cultivate a biblical worldview that will shape how you approach your career. Just as we equip our students to become the storytellers and industry leaders of their generation, it’s our deepest desire to help each one discover their role in a story much larger than themselves…God’s amazing story.
- Earn Your Degree at an Affordable Price. As you pursue your online Entertainment Business degree, you will receive a well-rounded, 360-degree view of the entertainment industry and gain practical tools to support your career — all at an affordable cost. Tuition is priced roughly at one-third of Biola’s on-campus programs.
- Study at Your Own Pace. You can complete our flexible, convenient online program in as little as 26 months. Most courses can be taken in any order and, because of our asynchronous course format, you can complete your weekly coursework according to your schedule.
What Will I Study?
The B.S. in Entertainment Business offers academically challenging, biblically integrated courses that can be applied to your current work in the entertainment business or prepare you to enter a new area of the industry. Your knowledge of the industry will expand as you dive into courses such as:
- Content Creation and Strategy in a Digital Age
- Media Distribution – Domestic and Global
- Entertainment Law
- Entertainment and Production Financing
- Sales and Monetization
- Studio, Network and Digital Media Corporate Management
Bible and Theology Coursework
As part of Biola’s commitment to a biblically centered education, all undergraduate students are required to take 30 credits of biblical studies. As an Entertainment Business student, 15 of these credits will be integrated directly into your major's courses, with the remaining 15 offered through separate Bible and theology courses.
A degree in Entertainment Business can launch you on a new path or propel your existing career in entertainment. Whether you are commissioning scripts, hiring producers and directors, or working in content marketing and distribution, the education you receive at Biola will equip you to enter into a variety of roles such as:
- Development Executive
- Programming Strategy Executive
- Content Acquisitions Executive
- Sales Planner
- Sales Assistant
- Marketing Executive
- Integrated Marketing Manager
- Digital Media Coordinator
- Manager of Domestic TV Distribution
- Research Analyst
- Director of Corporate Partnerships
- Coordinator, Multiplatform Programming
- Scheduling Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Coordinator, Media Planning & Strategy