B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies
Build your own degree from the ground up. The B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies empowers you to combine courses from our online programs with any past education to craft a pathway tailored to your goals. Designed for people with curious minds and busy lives, this flexible, fully-online program cultivates an integrative approach — connecting the disciplines you need to pursue your dream career.
If you are interested in an on-campus learning experience, consider the B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies degree.
What is Interdisciplinary Studies?
Dr. Aaron Adams explains how Interdisciplinary Studies connects the learning you've experienced outside of the classroom — in your work, church, family — to the learning that takes place in the classroom. You'll discover how to craft a degree pathway that's unique to your experiences and your future career.
Why Choose Interdisciplinary Studies at Biola?
- Learning Unboxed. Let your interests drive your learning. You’ll partner closely with Biola faculty to creatively combine multiple disciplines, creating a learning plan customized to fit your career path.
- Faith Integration. Understanding your calling begins with knowing the God who called you. That’s why you’ll encounter faith integration in each of your courses and earn a biblical studies minor alongside your interdisciplinary studies degree.
- Practical Preparation. Our program is designed to be career-launching. Learn from professionals and participate in internships to expand your knowledge. You’ll be able apply what you learn in the classroom to real life situations you encounter in the workplace.
- Online Flexibility. Six start dates and fully online courses offered year-round ensure you can tailor your education — enrolling part-time to balance additional responsibilities or full-time to complete the program in as little as 24 months.
- Personalized Partnerships. Our students never journey alone. Individually assigned success coaches and program faculty are intentional guides, investing in you spiritually, relationally and professionally from day one.
Biola’s interdisciplinary studies program develops specific areas of expertise alongside critical thinking and problem-solving skills — serving as an excellent foundation for an array of career options. As a well-equipped professional, you can expect to impact the world for Jesus Christ in positions such as:
- Non-Profit Organizer
- Financial Consultant
- Project Manager
- Human Resources Specialist
- Management Consultant
- Entertainment Industry Agent
- Communications Specialist
What Will I Study?
In our online interdisciplinary degree, your pathway is determined by a proposal you’ll craft in partnership with your faculty advisor. This academic plan will take into account your goals and give credit for any prior education while integrating coursework from the following degrees:
Bible and Theology Coursework
As part of Biola’s commitment to a biblically centered education, all undergraduate students have the opportunity to take 30 credits of biblical studies. As an interdisciplinary student, 6 of these credits will be integrated directly into your major-specific courses, and the remaining 24 will be offered through separate Bible and theology courses.
Explore a Sample Pathway
- BUSN 205 (3) Economic Principles
- APSY 208 (3) Statistics for Research
- APSY 265 (3) Psychology and Christian Thought
- CEED 254 (3) Leadership Development
- BUSN 220 (3) Management Information Systems
- BUSN 318 (3) Human Resources Management
- BUSN 319 (3) Organizational Ethics
- BUSN 347 (3) Global Business Environment
- CEED 326 (3) Counseling Methods
- APSY 355 (3) Psychology of Health and Well Being
- BUSN 375 (3) Business as Mission
- PREL 350 (3) Crisis Communication & Reputation Management
- APSY 406 (3) Social and Cultural Psychology
- APSY 410 (3) Psychology in the Workplace
- BUSN 421 (3) Leadership and Change
- APSY 465 (3) Positive Psychology
- PREL 462 (3) Leadership and Organizational Influence