Happy Hispanic/Latino/a Heritage Month! It’s always such a joy to spend this month cultivating an even deeper appreciation for my own heritage, and to honor Latina trailblazers both past and present.
We’ve compiled some resources to keep the celebration going! We hope you enjoy browsing through these as much as we have.
- Luz Collective’s list of 10 Latina podcasts.
- The ACLU’s Latino/a Heritage month playlist on Spotify.
- Glamour’s “31 Latinx Artists You Need to Add to Your Playlist ASAP.”
- Glamour’s list of Latinx TV shows to watch.
- Elle: “40 Essential Latinx Films to Watch Year-Round.”
- List of 10 TED Talks given by Latinx speakers.
- Google Arts & Culture: “10 Inspiring Latinas Who’ve Made History”
- Poetry Foundation: “Collection: U.S. Latinx Voices in Poetry”
- Remezcla: “5 Books by Latino Authors That Will Satisfy Sci-Fi Junkies.”
- Mamás Latinas: “The 14 most important books of Latino literature every Latina should read”
- Latina Media Co: “5 Latina Authors with Must-Read Books Out This Year.”
- The New York Times: “For National Hispanic Heritage Month, 11 Recent Books on Latino Life.”
- Respectablity’s 2021 Hispanic Heritage Month Article
- Today: “20 Latino Artists to Watch”
- Artsy’s “12 Emerging Latinx Artists to Discover.”
- Google Arts & Culture: “5 Latina Artists from the National Museum of Women in the Arts.”
- Nora Gomez-Strauss’ list of 20 Hispanic artists to follow on Instagram.
- TZR’s list of Latinx beauty experts to follow on Instagram.
- Priscilla Blossom’s list of 7 Hispanic travel experts to follow on Instagram.
- Latinx with Plants: LA based plant nurseries (Instagram linked here)
- Vida Bars: sustainable curly hair care (website linked here)
- Los Angeles Times: “61 Latino-owned small businesses in L.A. to celebrate all year round.”
- ET: “Latinx-Owned Brands to Shop Now and Always”
- Style Caster: “It’s Hispanic Heritage Month, And These 17 Brands Deserve Your Support Now And Always”