- Ph.D., English, Claremont Graduate University (ABD)
- M.A., Humanities, University of Dallas
- B.A., Humanities, Biola University
Melissa Schubert teaches great books at Biola University's Torrey Honors Institute. She happily studies Early Modern English literature, finding the prolific pens of such poets as Shakespeare, Spenser, and Milton to be plenty fascinating. She is especially interested in the intersections between theology and literature in the English Reformation, in the reformation of poetics that concurred with that of the church. Beyond this, Melissa is serious about at least a few other things: gardening (unskilled amateur), Scrabble (skilled amateur), and being an auntie (aspiring professional).
- Modern Language Association
- Renaissance Society of America
- Conference on Christianity and Literature