M.A. in Public Relations and Reputation Management
In an age of disinformation, there is a growing need for trustworthy voices — ethical counselors who can advise stakeholders and craft messaging that inspires trust. Biola’s Master of Arts in Public Relations is designed to equip students to lead the way in building strategic, mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and the public.
Why Study Public Relations at Biola?
The Master of Arts in Public Relations and Reputation Management matches academic rigor with practical application — forming the way you develop strategies, communicate and understand your work.
- Leadership Development. Practical, professionally oriented coursework equips you to enhance your leadership capabilities. Your studies culminate in a capstone project centered on applying your learning within public relations-specific positions.
- Ethics Emphasis. Go beyond considering how to ethically engage to ask why. As you integrate Christian perspectives on human identity and work, you’ll see public relations as an opportunity to serve — a perspective that drives decision-making.
- Relational Investment. Small class sizes and community intentionality promote meaningful connections between faculty and students, creating relationships that will challenge you to excel professionally and academically.
- Established Reputation. Learn from award-winning faculty in a respected public relations program. Biola Public Relations has been nationally recognized for its student publications and initiatives and created a legacy of motivated, high-achieving alumni.
- Online Flexibility. Biola’s Master’s in Public Relations is offered entirely online, empowering you to complete an advanced executive education from anywhere in the world in as few as 12 months.
What Will I Study?
Your public relations degree combines advanced core coursework in public relations with integration courses and elected concentration courses in Media Ethics, Leadership, Strategic Communication and Digital Management, and culminates in a capstone course. You’ll cover topics such as:
- Creating, developing and executing campaigns
- Digital analytics and emerging strategic technologies
- Ethical decision-making models
- Developing sustainable patterns by reframing work as stewardship
- Crisis and reputation management
- Paid placement and cultivating customer relationships
Public Relations Career Paths
Biola's online Master's Public Relations and Reputation Management is designed to be career-advancing. As you develop practical skillsets and expand industry knowledge, you’ll be prepared to serve and lead in diverse fields in positions such as:
- Public Relations Manager
- Crisis Communication Manager
- Director of Communication
- Fundraising Manager
- Senior Director of Digital Media
- Digital Media and Marketing Manager
- Chief Communications Officer
- Director of Integrated Marketing & Public Relations
- Senior Director, Communications
- Senior Corporate Communications Manager
- Public Relations Account Supervisor
- Marketing and Community Relations Manager