With nearly three decades of innovative leadership and management experience, Jake has held leadership positions with a Fortune 100 company as well as with one of the country's top-polling firms. He was a leader in the retail bank division of JPMorgan Chase for 15 years, notably serving as its Human Resource Manager for Talent Acquisition for the Western United States. He is a principal consultant for one of Canada's premier leadership development organizations and oversees the training and facilitation throughout North America.
In addition to publishing numerous works in research and professional journals, Jake has authored two books: Generation Z and the COVID-19 Crisis and Megatrends: The Transformative Forces Reshaping the United States, both of which have been adopted by numerous universities and organizations. Jake speaks regularly on topics of leadership, generational differences, emotional and cultural intelligence, and human resources.
Jake has co-led an international study tour to Beijing and Shanghai, China and Hong Kong, instructing on culture, behavior and economics in modern China. Jake consults internationally helping leaders build stronger organizations through their people and processes. He specializes in leadership strategy, team building, training and development, coaching, and the design and implementation of global human resource management functions.
Jake received his bachelor’s degree in economics from UCLA and his master’s in organizational leadership from Biola University. He is currently pursuing his doctorate degree in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in Human Resources from Regent University.
- Aguas, J., & Prater, M. (2022). Generation Z and the COVID-19 Crisis. Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Aguas, J. (2021). Megatrends: The Transformative Forces Reshaping the United States. Kendall-Hunt Publishing
Research and Professional Journal Publications
- Aguas, J. (2021). The Distinctives of the Christian Scholar. Christian Business Academy Review, 16(1), 85-89.
- Aguas, J. (2021). A Pathway Towards Cultural Intelligence. Global Journal of Management, Spring 2021, 35-52.
- Aguas, J. (2021). Generation Z and the Mental Health Crisis. Global Journal of Management, Spring 2021, 53-76.
- Aguas, J. (2020). Millennial and Generation Z’s Perspectives on Leadership Effectiveness. Journal of Emerging Leadership Journeys, 13(1), 1-22.
- Aguas, J., & Mgrdichian, L. (2020). The Role of the American Working Woman: A Century in Review. Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership, 10(1), 167-200.
- Aguas, J. (2020). An Exposition of 1 & 2 Samuel on Decision-Making and Power. The Journal of Emerging Leadership Journeys, 12(1), 29-41.
- Aguas, J. (2018). Emotional Intelligence in the Discourse of the Johannine Account. The Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership, 8(1), 51-70.
- Aguas, J. (2008). Leadership Behaviors to Effectively Lead and Communicate with Multi-Generational Organizations, Master's Thesis, Biola University.
Manuscripts in Preparation
- Aguas, J. (2022). Generation Z and the Learning Transfer Process: A Methodology to Teaching Emotional Intelligence to an Emerging Generation.
- Aguas, J. (2022). Organizational Theory and Metaphorical Structures in the Book of Acts.
- Aguas, J. (2023). An Examination of the Relationship between Servant Leadership and NEO Personality Dimensions among Generation Z and Millennials.
Speaking Engagements and Presentations
- City of Littleton, Colorado. Presented on “Everything DiSC Management and Leadership” .October 2022.
- National Native American Human Resources Association, Washington, D.C. (Virtual). Presented on “Mental Health Awareness and Support in the Workplace”. September 2022.
- Platte River Power Authority, Fort Collins, Colorado. Presented on “Everything DiSC Productive Conflict”. September 2022.
- Colorado Association of Realtors, Englewood, Colorado (Virtual) Presented on “Practicing Productive Conflict and Emotional Intelligence”. July 2022.
- Biola Staff Development Conference, La Mirada, California. Presented on “Working and Connecting Across Generations”. June 2022.
- Public Service Commission (PSC), Canadian Government, Ottawa, Canada (Virtual). Presented on “Performance and Change Management”. May 2022.
- Orano Mining Company, Saskatchewan, Canada (Virtual). Presented on “Essentials of Communication” and “Emotional Intelligence”. May 2022.
- Nutrien Agriculture Company, Leadership Conference, Saskatchewan, Canada. Presented on “Leading Across Generations” and “The Rise of Generation Z”. March 2022.
- Canadian Ministry of Highways, Canada (Virtual). Presented on “Performance Management and Appraisals”. March 2022.
- Pembina Pipeline Corporation, Calgary, Canada (Virtual). Presented on “The Fundamentals of Change Management”. February 2022.
- University of Saskatchewan, Leadership Development, Saskatchewan, Canada. Presented on “Everything DiSC Workplace”. January 2022.
- Bayer Pharmaceuticals, Regina, Canada. Presented on “The 5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team”. December 2021.
- Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technology, Saskatchewan, Canada. Presented on “The Rise of Generation Z”. December 2021.
- Circle of Change Leadership Conference, Leadership Master Class (Virtual). Presented on “Retaining, Engaging, and Developing Culturally Diverse Millennial and Generation Z Leaders”. December 2021.
- Chapman University, Center for Entrepreneurship, Orange, California. Presented on “Megatrends: The Transformative Forces Reshaping Entrepreneurship”. December 2021.
- International Minerals Innovation Institute (IMII), Saskatchewan, Canada (Virtual). Presented on “A Comprehensive Strategy and Roadmapping Session”. October 2021.
- PharmaChoice, Humboldt, Canada (Virtual). Presented on “Everything DiSC Workplace Training”. September 2021.
- Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute (PAMI), Ottawa, Canada (Virtual). Presented on “Performance Management”. June 2021.
- Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership (STEP), Saskatchewan, Canada (Virtual). Presented on “Environmental Scanning”. June 2021.
- The VyTen Training Hope Summit, Virtual Executive Session. Presented on “Acing the Behavioral Interview” May 2020.
- Orange County Department of Education, Costa Mesa, California. Presented on “Working Across Generations”. March 2020.
- The University of California Irvine (UCI), Irvine, California. Presented on “Communicating Across Generational Groups”. October 2019.
- John Brown University, Siloam Springs, Arkansas. Presented on “The Role of American Women in the Workplace”. October 2019.
- Concordia University, Executive Business Insights Series, Irvine, California. Presented on “The Rise of Generation Z”. April 2019.
- Chapman University, Dodge College of Film and Media Arts, Orange, California. Presented on “Entrepreneurship and the Entertainment Industry”. April 2019.
- Biola University Youth Academics, La Mirada, California. Presented on “Teaching in a Multi-Generational Learning Environment”. October 2018.
- Leadership Circle of Change Conference, California State University Dominguez Hills, Los Angeles, California. Presented on “Leadership in Higher Education”. November 2017.
- Biola University Enrollment Leadership Conference, La Mirada, California. Presented on “Emotional Intelligence, Leadership, and Working with a Diverse Workforce”. February 2017.
- Chapman University Leadership Development, Orange, California. Presented on “The Megatrends and Challenges Facing Human Resource Management”. October 2016.
Undergraduate courses at Biola University:
- Principles of Management
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Capstone Course for Management
Graduate Courses at Biola University:
- Management Theory and Practice
- The Innovative Leader