- Ph.D. California Institute of Technology, Division of Chemistry
- M.S. California Institute of Technology, Division of Chemistry
- B.S. University of California at Berkeley, College of Chemistry
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Christian Scientific Society
- Undeniable–How Biology Confirms Our Intuition That Life Is Designed, Axe, Doug, (Harper Collins, 2016).
- Axe DD (2017) Three good reasons for people of faith to reject Darwin’s explanation of life. In: Moreland JP, Meyer SC, Shaw C, Gauger AK, Grudem W, eds. Theistic Evolution—A Scientific, Philosophical, and Theological Critique. Crossway (Wheaton). [This volume received the 2019 Christian Book Award for Bible Reference Works].
- Axe DD, Ewert W (2016) Stylus experiments made easy—A free app for personal computers. BIO-Complexity 2016(1): 1-4.
- Axe DD, Gauger AK (2015) Model and laboratory demonstrations that evolutionary optimization works well only if preceded by invention—Selection itself is not inventive. BIO-Complexity 2015(2): 1-13.
- Reeves MA, Gauger AK, Axe DD (2014) Enzyme families–Shared evolutionary history or shared design? A study of the GABA-aminotransferase family. BIO-Complexity 2014(4): 1-16.
- Axe DD, Gauger AK (2013) Explaining metabolic innovation: Neo-Darwinism versus design. In: Marks II RJ, Behe MJ, Gordon BL, Sanford JC, eds. Biologicial Information—New Perspectives. World Scientific (Singapore).
- Leisola M, Pastinen O, Axe DD (2012) Lignin—Designed randomness. BIO-Complexity 2012(3): 1- 11.
- Axe DD (2012) Darwin’s little engine that couldn’t. In: Science and Human Origins. Discovery Institute (Seattle).
- Axe DD, Lu P, Flatau S (2011) A Stylus-generated artificial genome with analogy to minimal bacterial genomes. BIO-Complexity 2011(3): 1-15.
- Gauger AK, Axe DD (2011) The evolutionary accessibility of new enzyme functions: A case study from the biotin pathway. BIO-Complexity 2011(1): 1-17.
- Hong Kong Baptist University. Presented on “Hong Kong Summer Lecture Series on Design” (elected to deliver by Skype because of family move). June 2019
- Harvard College Faith and Action, Cambridge. Presented on “Undeniable—How Biology Confirms Our Intuition That Life Is Designed.” March 2019
- Cross and Crown Church, Seattle. Presented the Opening Lecture of Reasonable Doubt Lecture Series: “How Biology Confirms That Life Is Designed.” October 2018
- Pensacola Theological Institute, Pensacola. Presented both “Plenary Lecture: The Undeniability of God’s Design” and “Plenary Lecture: Why Science Needs Faith.” July 2018
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins Presented on “Undeniable.” October 2017
- U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs Presented on “Undeniable.”
- SES National Conference on Christian Apologetics, Charlotte. Presented on “Undeniable.” October 2017
- Sandhills Apologetics Society, Pinehurst. Presented Plenary Lecture: “Undeniable.” October 2017
- Mackenzie University, São Paulo. Presented on “Undeniable.” May 2017
- Beyond Materialism Conference, Cambridge, UK. Presented Plenary Lecture: “Quantifying the Difficulty of Protein to Protein Evolution.” November 2016.
Areas of Expertise for Media Interviews
- Biological Sciences
- Intelligent Design