- Ph.D., Bar-Ilan University
- M.Div., Princeton Theological Seminary
- M.A., Teachers College, Columbia University
- B.A., West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Institute for Biblical Research
- Evangelical Theological Society
- World Union of Jewish Studies
- National Association of Professors of Hebrew
- Presidential Doctoral Fellowship - Bar-Ilan University– 2011-2015
- Outstanding Teacher Education Senior- West Chester University School of Education– 2003
- National Collegiate Health and Physical Education Award Winner– 2003
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship Recipient– 2003
- West Chester University Foundation Scholarship Recipient– 2002
- Kinesiology Award- West Chester University 2001
- Board of Governors Scholarship Recipient- West Chester University- 1998-2002
- “The Expression of Moral Judgments through Imagery in Job and Ancient Near Eastern Literature,” Hernández, Dominick, Takayoshi Oshima, Teaching Morals in Antiquity: Wisdom Texts, Oral Traditions, and Images, ed. Mohr Siebeck, 2019, pp. 150-63.
- “Coele-Syria,” Hernández, Dominick, Daniel M. Gurtner and Loren T. Stuckenbruck. T&T Clark Encyclopedia of Second Temple Judaism, vol. 2, eds. T&T Clark, 2019, pp. 154-56.
- “The Double-Edged Sword of Biblical Languages: The Case of Job’s ‘Repentance’,” Hernández, Dominick, Adam Howell, Benjamin L. Merkle, and Robert L. Plummer, Hebrew for Life, eds., Baker Academic, 2020, pp. 110-15.
- Engaging the Old Testament: How to Read Biblical Narrative, Poetry, and Prophecy Well. Baker Academic, Forthcoming.
- Song of Songs in the New International Commentary of the Old Testament (NICOT). Eerdmans, Forthcoming.
- Nahum, Habakkuk, and Zephaniah in the Bible in God’s World Series. Cascade, Forthcoming.
- Society of Biblical Literature, San Antonio, TX, “Vestiges of Ancient Near Eastern Wisdom in the Hebrew Bible and Late Second Temple Period Jewish Literature,” November 2021.
- The Evangelical Theological Society Annual Meeting, Fort Worth, TX “The Problem with Poverty as Punishment: Traditional Wisdom under Scrutiny,” November 2021.
- Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, “‘Evil or Agitated’: The Meaning of Reshaʻim in Job 3:17,” November 2019.
- Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, Denver, CO. “Childlessness and Infertility in Job and Ugaritic Literature,” November 2018.
- Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, “Mythopoetic Imagery Relating to the Firstborn of Death and the King of Terrors,” November 2017.
- 17th World Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, Israel, "Faithful or Fickle Judah?—Hosea 12:1-3 in Philological Perspective," August 2017.
- Teaching Morals in Antiquity Conference, Universität Leipzig, Germany, “The Expression of Moral Judgments through Imagery in Job and Ancient Near Eastern Literature,” November 2016.
- 2016 Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting in the Bible and Assyriology unit, San Antonio, TX, “‘Why do the Wicked Live On?’ The Prosperity of the Wicked in Job and Ancient Near Eastern Literature,” November 2016.
- Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting in the Wisdom San Diego, CA, “Imagery Relating to Ill-Gotten Gain in the Book of Job and the ‘Instruction of Amenemope,’” November 2014.
Areas of Expertise for Media Interviews
- Biblical Hebrew Poetry
- Semitic Philology
- Ancient Near Eastern History and Culture
- Mesopotamian Literature
- The Dead Sea Scrolls