- Ph.D. Kansas State University
- M.A. Villanova University
- M.A. AGTS Evangel University
- B.A. California State University, Bakersfield
- A.A. Bakersfield College
- Conference on Faith and History
- Ecclesiastical History Society (U.K.)
- Evangelical History Association of Australia
- International Society for First World War Studies
- Royal Historical Society (U.K.)
- Scottish Church History Society (U.K.)
- Society of Antiquaries of Scotland (U.K.)
- Merit Award for Outstanding Scholarship, Fresno Pacific University, 2018
- Visiting Fellow, New College, University of Edinburgh, 2017
- Merit Award for Outstanding Scholarship, Fresno Pacific University, 2015
- Fellow, Summer Seminar in Military History, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY, 2011
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2009
- Phi Kappa Phi, 2003
- “Christianity and Politics: From Constantine to Today,” in Christianity: The Basics (Bloomsbury Religion in North America series), edited by Dyron B. Daughrity (London: Bloomsbury, 2021).
- “Stones of Memory: Joshua 4:7, 21-24,” Faith and History: A Devotional, edited by Chris Gehrz and Beth Allison Barr (Waco, TX: 1845 Books/Baylor University Press, 2020), 27-30.
- “Civil Religion, War, and American Pentecostals,” in Civil Religion and American Christianity, edited by Liam Atchison, Keith Bates, and Darin D. Lenz (2018; Revised Edition, Middletown, R.I.: Stone Tower Press, 2020), 173-205.
- “‘Loyalty to our Heavenly Country’: British Christianity and the First World War,” in Remembering Armageddon: Religion and the First World War, edited by Philip Jenkins (Waco, TX: ISR Books/Baylor University, 2015), 25-42.
- “‘A Peculiar Charm’: The Story of George Müller of Bristol in Mid-Nineteenth Century America,” in Culture, Spirituality, and the Brethren, edited by Neil T. R. Dickson and Thomas J. Marinello (Troon, Scotland: Brethren Archivists and Historians Network, 2014), 277-290.
- “Immersed in Dependency: American Missionaries, Empires, and India in the 1830s,” Journal of Early Modern History (forthcoming).
- “‘Withdraw from Babylon and worldly Egypt’: America’s Cultural War, Michael Sattler, and the Radical Otherness of Christian Identity,” Pacific Journal 15 (2020): 99-126.
- "‘Don’t you dare spend a million on the mission field’: Mark Buntain and the Spirit of Pragmatism in Pentecostal Medical Missions in Kolkata, India,” Journal of Social History of Medicine and Health (December 2019): 119-133.
- “‘Hail Luther’s Contribution’: A Sixteenth-Century Reformer in Cold War America,” Church History and Religious Culture (formerly: Nederlands Archief Voor Kerkgeschiedenis) 98, no. 3-4 (December 2018): 448-476.
- “‘St. Mark of Calcutta,’ Spiritual Geography, and Pentecostal Medical Missions in Twentieth-Century India,” Indian Church History Review 52, no. 2 (July 2018): 11-31.
- “Faith in the Hearing: Gospel Recordings and the World Mission of Joy Ridderhof (1903-1984),” Studies in Church History 53 (2017): 420-434.
- “‘Citizens of the World’: Nationalism, Ecumenical Missions, and the Idea of World Unity before the First World War,” Social Sciences and Missions 28, no. 1-2 (Spring 2015): 32-56.
- “‘Visions on the Battlefields’: Alexander A. Boddy, Early British Pentecostalism, and the First World War, 1914-1918,” The Journal of Religious History 32, no. 3 (September 2008): 281-302.
- World Civilizations I
- World Civilizations II
- U.S. History since 1865
- The Church in the American Experience
- History of Christianity
- Renaissance and Reformation
- Early Modern Europe
- Twentieth-Century Europe
- Nazi Germany and the Holocaust
- War and Civilization
- Research Methods in History
- Research Seminar
Areas of Expertise for Media Interviews
- History of Christianity
- George Müller of Bristol
- Christian missions
- War and religion
- War and memory
- Civil religion