- Ph.D., Wheaton College
- M.A., Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- B.A., Multnomah University
- Institute for Biblical Research
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Every Voice Kingdom Diversity Initiative
- Bible Literacy Conference
- Prairie College: Graeme Crouch Award for Excellence in Classroom Instruction. April 2021.
- Prairie College: Graeme Crouch Award for Excellence in Classroom Instruction. April 2020.
- Prairie College: Graeme Crouch Award for Excellence in Classroom Instruction. April 2019.
- Prairie College: Award for Faculty member most supportive of student-athletes. March 2019.
- Prairie College: Award for Excellence in Leadership. March 2019.
- Prairie College: Graeme Crouch Award for Excellence in Classroom Instruction. April 2018.
- Center for Biblical Studies at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary: Finalist for the Biblical Foundations Book Award in OT studies for Bearing God’s Name. Jan 2020.
- InterVarsity Press: Finalist for the 2019 Reader’s Choice Award for Bearing God’s Name. Jan 2020.
- Canadian Society of Biblical Studies: R. B. Y. Scott Award for an outstanding book in Hebrew Bible for Bearing YHWH’s Name at Sinai. June 2019.
- Pacific Northwest Region, Society of Biblical Literature: Nominated for the Regional Scholar Award. May 2017.
- “The Lost World of the Exodus: Functional Ontology and the Creation of a Nation,” Imes, Carmen Joy, For Us, but Not to Us: Essays on Creation, Covenant, and Context in Honor of John H. Walton, (Pickwick 2020)
- “Belonging to YHWH: Real and Imagined Inscribed Seals in Biblical Tradition,” Imes, Carmen Joy, Write That They May Read: Studies in Literacy and Textualization in the Ancient Near East and in the Hebrew Scriptures, (Pickwick 2020)
- “Between Two Worlds: The Functional and Symbolic Significance of the High Priestly Regalia,” Imes, Carmen Joy, Dress and Clothing in the Hebrew Bible, (T&T Clark 2019)
- “Metaphor at Sinai: Cognitive Linguistics in the Decalogue and Covenant Code,” Bulletin for Biblical Research. Vol 29, Issue 3, 2019
- “Metaphor in Biblical Law,” Imes, Carmen Joy, Didaktikos. Vol 2, Issue 2, Sept 2018
- “The Decalogue,” Imes, Carmen Joy, Discovering the Septuagint: A Guided Reader, (Kregel 2016)
- Old Testament History and Literature
- Reading the Torah
- Reading the Historical Books
- Reading the Psalms and Wisdom Literature
- Reading the Prophets
- Reading Scripture in Ancient and Global Contexts
- Reading Exodus with the Global Church
- Introduction to Biblical Hebrew
- Word and World
- Biblical Theology
Areas of Expertise for Media Interviews
- Biblical Law
- The Decalogue
- Metaphor in the Bible