If you clicked on this post, then you’re probably curious as to who I am. Allow me to introduce myself! My name is Fiona Gandy (you can call me Fiona or Fi for short) and I am a senior studying journalism with an emphasis in writing & publishing. I am also a Student Ambassador and one of the “Becoming Biola” bloggers! Growing up, one of my first loves has always been reading and writing. I was that girl who was buried in a young adult fiction book during break time at school. During classes, I would sometimes even write short stories based on my pure wandering imagination. I love storytelling and how it has made me feel safe and accompanied during times of stress or sadness. I’m glad my major has a lot to do with writing: a pastime which I absolutely love!
Now it is time for me to hit you with some fun facts about myself:
- I was born in Dallas, Texas and grew up in Jakarta, Indonesia! I loved growing up in Indonesia with its ethnic culture, food and people. It has really shaped my views of the world and has exposed me to a variety of different things. I also speak fluent Bahasa Indonesia, the official language of Indonesia!
- I am an only child!
- I love taking personality tests like the Myers Briggs and Enneagram. My Myers Briggs is ISTJ and I’m a Type 1 for the Enneagram.
- I’ve changed my major seven times so far here at Biola. Crazy, I know. It all happened during my freshman year!
- During my freetime, I love binging on TV shows (anyone want to watch Netflix or Hulu with me?). My favorite shows are Grey’s Anatomy and Gilmore Girls, and I’m currently plowing my way through ten seasons of Friends. I get so hyped up when talking about the shows that I watch: it’s actually really funny.
- When people ask me what my favorite kind of music is, I really don’t know how to answer because it depends on my mood. I love anything by Sleeping At Last and LANY but I’m also a hardcore Taylor Swift fan. Some days, I could really go for some Khalid though.
- Growing up, my dream job was to be a pediatrician. It almost happened since one of the seven majors I changed between was Human Biology with a Pre-med emphasis. Obviously, that didn’t work out and I eventually stuck with my love for writing.
Well there you have it, folks! I hope this has given you a little glimpse into my mind and personality. I’m so so excited to be sharing more of my stories with y’all regarding student life at Biola! Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on Instagram (@fionaegandy) if you have any questions or just wanna talk! I would love to go into deep discussions about TV shows, personality tests or what it’s like growing up in Indonesia with you! If you ever see me around campus, please come say hi! That’s it from me, thanks for reading!
See ya next time,