Jonathan M. Lunde
- Ph.D., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Th.M., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- M.Div., Lutheran Brethren Seminary
- B.S., Moorhead State University
Dr. Lunde's main interests lie in the study of Jesus, both as he is presented in the gospels and in the more specialized Historical Jesus field. He also enjoys studying how the writers of the New Testament use the Old Testament. Prior to coming to Talbot, he taught for seven years at Trinity College in Deerfield, Illinois, and also has local church ministry experience. His passion is to present Jesus to his students in such a way that they personally respond to him as their Suffering Servant and as their King.
- Evangelical Theological Society
Awards and Honors
- Award of Excellence in Teaching, Awarded by Biola University, 2006.
- Professor of the Year, Awarded by Biola's Alumni Association and Senior Class of 2005.
- Teacher of the Year, Trinity College, 2000.
- Who's Who Among Teachers, 2001 - 2007.
- Research Grants, Biola University, January, 2007; January 2008.
- Curriculum Development Grants, Trinity College, Summer 1997; Summer 2001.
- Ph.D. Scholarship, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, 1990-1991.
- President's Scholarship, Awarded by Lutheran Brethren Seminary, 1986-1988.
Books and Chapters
- “Three Views of the New Testament's Use of the OT”, in the Counterpoints series, ed. Jonathan Lunde and Kenneth Berding (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, forthcoming). Chapter 1: "An Introduction to Central Questions in the New Testament's Use of the Old Testament."
- “Repentance” in "New Dictionary of Biblical Theology.", Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2000.
- “Heaven and Hell” in "Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels." ed. J. B. Green, S. McKnight, I. H. Marshall, Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1992.
- “Repentance” in "Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels." ed. J. B. Green, S. McKnight, I. H. Marshall, Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1992.
- “Leaving the Shire Mentality Behind.” Trinity Direction, Winter, 2003.