message: Illegal character at end of document, <.
Edward M. Curtis
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- B.S., Baylor University
Dr. Curtis, an Old Testament scholar who has done extensive research in Genesis, Job, and the Song of Solomon, is author of Transformed Thinking (JKO Publishers); Song of Songs, the Zondervan Bible Study Commentary; and Discovering the Way of Wisdom (Kregel, Fall 2004). He contributes to such journals as Criswell Theological Review; Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society; Faculty Dialogue; Bibliotheca Sacra; and Christian Scholar's Review, and has presented articles before the national meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society and the Regional Institute for Biblical Research. Dr. Curtis was the recipient of a National Endowment for the Humanities fellowship to participate in a seminar on the Bible and Cuneiform Literature at Yale University.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- “Transformed Thinking: Loving God With All Your Mind.” Written with John Brugaletta, Franklin Tennessee: JKO Publishers Inc., 1996.
- “Discovering Wisdom: How Old Testament Wisdom Literature Informs Christian Spirituality.” Written with John Brugaletta. Awaiting publication from Kregel Publications.
- “Song of Songs.” The Bible Study Commentary, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan Publishing House, 1988. This commentary was translated into Chinese in 1995.
- “Discovering the Way of Wisdom” Grand Rapids, Michigan: Kregel Publications, 2004.
- “The Apologetics Study Bible”, study notes on Proverbs. Broadman Holman, 2007.
- “Near Infra-red Backscatter in Clouds.” NAVWEPS Report 8817, July 1965.
- “On Giant's Shoulders.” Tenth, October 1971. Pp. 2-7.
- “The Prohibition of Images in the Old Testament and its Theological Basis.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 28, September 1985. Pp. 277-87.
- “Old Testament Wisdom: A Model for Faith-Learning Integration.” Christian Scholar's Review, XV 1986. Pp. 213-27.
- “Structure, Style and Context as the Key to Interpreting Gen. 32:1-33:1.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 30, July 1987. Pp. 129-37.
- “Image of God.” Illustrated Dictionary and Concordance of the Bible, New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1986. Pp. 402-403.
- “Worship with Wonder.” The Treasury 92, August 1990. Pp. 169-70.
- “Image of God, Old Testament.” "Idol, Idolatry" and "Graven Image" for The Anchor Bible Dictionary, New York: Doubleday, 1992. Pp. v. 2, 1089; v. 3, 389-91 and 376-81.
- “Images in Mesopotamia and the Bible: A Comparative Study.” in The Bible in the Light of Cuneiform Literature: Scripture in Context III, ed. by William W Hallo, Bruce W. Jones and Gerald L. Mattingly, Lewiston, New York: Edwin J. Mellen Press, 1990. Pp. 33-59.
- “Genesis 38: Its Context(s) and Function.” Criswell Theological Review 5, 1991. Pp. 247-57.
- “Some Biblical Contributions to a Philosophy of Education.” Faculty Dialogue 21, 1994. Pp. 91-110.
- “Ancient Psalms and Modern Worship: Some Contemporary Applications.” Bibliotheca Sacra 154, April-June 1997. Pp. 285-296.
- “Ancient Psalm and Modern Worship: Some Contemporary Applications.” in Vital Church Issues, ed. by Roy B. Zuck, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Kregel Publications, 1998.
- “Old Testament”, in Encyclopedia of Fundamentalism, edited by Brenda Brasher (New York: Routledge, 2001), pp. 347-350.
- “Learning Truth from the Sages”, Christian Education Journal, Spring 2005, 113-28.
- Old Testament Wisdom and Poetry
- Integration of Faith and Learning