David L. Talley
- Ph.D., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Th.M., Grace Theological Seminary
- M.Div., Grace Theological Seminary
- M.A., Grace Theological Seminary
- B.A., Southeastern Bible College
With varied ministry experiences, including student development, counseling, pastoring, and teaching psychology and Old Testament studies, Dr. Talley brings a blend of scholarship and practical application to his classroom instruction. He co-pastors a local church, and enjoys research in the areas of Old Testament theology, the integration of theology and psychology, and the Pentateuch. His dissertation research on the judgment of pain in Genesis 3 continues to be a focus in his research as he formulates a perspective on godly living in a difficult world. Dr. Talley is passionate about understanding and teaching the truths of God's Word, discipling and equipping others, and "passing on the faith" to the next generation. His work has been published in The New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis, Journal of Biblical Manhood and Womanhoodand Christian Research Journal. Dr. Talley travels extensively with the goal of partnering with the international church and training leaders, especially with a focus on impacting Muslim nations with the gospel. He has traveled to South Korea, Kenya, Thailand, Armenia, Russia, Ukraine, Brazil, Honduras, Dominica and Nigeria to equip believers.
- Grace Evangelical Free Church, La Mirada, California
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Society of Biblical Literature
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Young Men of America
- Certified Marriage and Family Therapist, state of Indiana, 1992-96
- Ordained to the ministry, General Association of Regular Baptists, 1988
- Outstanding Graduating Senior in Old Testament Language and Literature, 1989
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005
- Inducted into Delta Epsilon Chi as honorary member, 2004
- Robert B. Fisher Award for Faculty Excellence, Biola University, 2007
- Hebrew words for "desire" in “The New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis”, ed. Dr. Willem VanGemeren, Zondervan, 1997.
- “Painful Realities Pointing People Toward Rest.” in Yonsei Review of Theology and Culture, Volume VI, February 2001. Pp. 45-54.
- “Law, Old Testament.” in The Encyclopedia of Fundamentalism, ed. Brenda E. Brasher, Routledge Publishers, 2001. Pp. 275-278.
- “Gender and Sanctification: From Creation to Transformation.” A Comparative Look at Genesis 1-3, the Creation and Fall of the Man and the Woman, and Ephesians 5, the Sanctification of the Man and the Woman in a Redemptive Marriage Context, Journal of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, Spring 2003.
- “Muhammad and Deuteronomy 18: Who is the Prophet Like Moses?,” Christian Research Journal 30/1 (2007): 50-51.
- The role of difficulty in our world and how this is evidenced in the story of the Old Testament with implications of what this means for the Christian life today
- Gender issues focused on the biblical teaching and implications for our lives today
- Old Testament theology issues with a focus on major themes and how they are evidenced in the story of Israel