- Aten, J. D.,
Davis, E. B., Shannonhouse, L. R., Van Tongeren, D. R., Wang, D. C., &
Hall, M. E. L. (2016-2018). Leader humility in humanitarian aid organizations.
John Templeton Foundation. Funded:
- Wang, D. C., Canada, A. L., & Poston, J. M. (2016-2018). The multifaceted impact
of graduate school debt on seminary
students. Lilly Endowment. Funded:
- Wang, D. C.,
Hill, P. C., & Porter, S. L. (2016-2017). The spiritual, character, and
virtue formation of seminarians. John
Templeton Foundation. Funded: $217,000.
Journal Publications (Peer Reviewed)
- Augustyn, B., Hall, T. W., Wang, D. C., & Hill, P. C. (in press). Relational spirituality: An attachment-based model of spiritual development and psychological well-being. Psychology of Religion and Spirituality.
- Shruba, A. N., Aten, J., Wang, D. C., Entwistle, D. N., Davis, W., & Boan, D. (in press). Psychological First Aid and Christian responses to suffering from natural and human-made disasters. Journal of Psychology and Christianity.
- Porter, S. L., Hall, M. E. L., & Wang, D. C. (in press). Losing my religion: spiritual discouragement amongst Christian therapists due to repeat exposure to spiritual immaturity in Christian clients. Journal of Psychology and Theology.
- Moradshahi, M., Hall, T. W., Wang, D. C., & Canada, A. (in press). The Spiritual Narrative Questionnaire: Initial development and psychometric properties. Journal of Psychology and Christianity.
- Wang, D. C., Aten, J. D., Boan, D., Jean-Charles, W., Griff, K. P., Valcin, V., Davis, E. B., Hook, J. N., Davis, D. E., Van Tongeren, D. R., Abouezzeddine, T., Sklar, Q., & Wang, A. (2016). Culturally adapted spiritually oriented trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy for child survivors of restavek. Spirituality in Clinical Practice, 3, 224-236.
- Wang, D. C. & Tan, S-Y. (2016). Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): Empirical evidence and clinical applications from a Christian perspective. Journal of Psychology and Christianity, 35, 68-76.
- Bailey, K. L., Jones, B. D., Hall, T. W., Wang, D. C., McMartin, J. M., & Fujikawa, A. M. (2016). Spirituality at a crossroads: A grounded theory of Christian emerging adults. Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, 8, 99-109.
- Crawford, N. & Wang, D. C. (2016). A brief history of psychology and missions in JPT: Looking back, around, and forward. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 44, 263-267.
- Mondragon, S. A., Wang, D. C., Pritchett, L., Graham, D. P., Plasencia, M. L., & Teng, E. J. (2015). The influence of military sexual trauma on returning OEF/OIF male veterans. Psychological Services, 12, 402-411.
- Hall, T. W., Edwards, E., & Wang, D. C. (2015). The spiritual development of emerging adults over the college years: A four-year longitudinal investigation. Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, 7, 1-12.
- Wang, D. C., Strosky, D., & Fletes, A. (2014). Secondary and vicarious trauma: Implications for faith and clinical practice. Journal of Psychology and Christianity, 33, 281-286.
- Coleman, M. N., Chapman, S., & Wang, D. C. (2013). An examination of color-blind racism and race-related stress among African-American undergraduate students. The Journal of Black Psychology, 39, 484-502.
- Wang, D. C. (2011). Two perspectives on spiritual dryness: Spiritual Desertion and the Dark Night of the Soul. Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care, 4, 27-42.
- Crisp, G., Horn, C., Dizinno, G., & Wang, D. C. (2010). Modeling the racial and ethnic implications of admissions policy changes in the pursuit of tier one status. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education, 3, 71-84.
- Wang, D. C. (2010). The English Puritans and spiritual desertion: A protestant perspective on the place of spiritual dryness in the Christian life. Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care, 3, 42-65.
Book Chapters, Other Publications (Invited)
- Aten, J. D., Schruba, A., Entwistle, D. N., Davis, W., Ranter, J.,
Hwang, J., Hook, J. N., Wang, D. C., Davis, D., & Van Tongeren,
D. (in press). Faith and disaster mental health: Empirical,
theological, and psychological perspectives. In H. Gingrich & F.
Treating Trauma in Christian Counseling and
Psychotherapy. Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press.
- Wang, D. C. (in
press). Mobilizing and equipping the Church for soul care and counseling: A classic
resource updated and revised. Journal of
Psychology and Theology.
- Hill, P. C.,
Laney, E. K., Edwards, K. J., Wang, D. C., Orme, W. H., Chan, A. C., &
Wang, F. L. (2017). A few good measures: Colonel Jessup and humility. In E.
L. Worthington, D. E. Davis, & J. N. Hook (Eds.),
Handbook of Humility (119-133). New York, NY: Routledge.
Wang, D. C., & Wang, A. (2014). Integrating the human capacity to recover and thrive into trauma therapy: An empirically grounded guide. PsycCRITIQUES,
Wang, D. C., & Chan, A. (2014). Didn’t we stop thinking that mental illness was caused by the devil? Revisiting the topic of psychosis and spirituality. PsycCRITIQUES, 59.
Wang, D. C. (2011). [Review of the book Soulful Spirituality: Becoming Fully Alive and Deeply Human, by Dr. David G. Benner]. Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care, 4, 314-316.