Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Do I need a parking permit to park on campus?

    PARKING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES FOR EVERY VEHICLE PARKED ON BIOLA PROPERTY. This includes all students, staff/faculty and visitors even if the vehicle is only being driven temporarily. Parking privileges may be revoked at any time at the discretion of the University. Refer the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for further information.

  2. How can I get a parking permit if your office is closed?

    If you cannot make it to our Administrative Office during business hours, you can obtain a temporary permit from our Communications Center located in middle Metzger. They are open 24 hours a day/7 days a week. You may also obtain a permit from any Gatehouse when entering on Biola Ave or La Mirada Ave. between the hours of 9:00pm-5:00am and 7:30am-4:00pm weekdays during the semester.

  3. Where is the Campus Safety Office located? When is it open?

    The Campus Safety Administrative Office is located west of the Cafeteria, in Lot B. We share the modular building with the Education Department.

    Our hours of operation are: Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.

    Summer: Monday- Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm, Friday 8:00am-12pm.

  4. Can I leave my car on campus during the Summer or Christmas Holiday Break/Interterm?

    Vehicles may not be stored on campus property without prior written approval from Campus Safety. Persons wishing to store a vehicle on campus must:

    1. Be a current Biola student or staff/faculty member,
    2. Display a current parking permit,
    3. Sign a release of liability form, and
    4. Leave a set of keys with Campus Safety so that the vehicle may be moved if Facilities Services projects or emergencies require it.
  5. How much does a student permit cost?

    A permit for the semester is $120.00. The cost for the permit is prorated by month. Temporary permits may be purchased for $35.00 per month, $10.00 per week and $3.00 per day. For more information please contact the Campus Safety Administrative Office.

  6. Can I park anywhere on campus?

    All vehicles must be parked in a marked stall. Lot signs and curb stencils indicate designated parking. Vehicles displaying Student permits may park in any undesignated parking space. Vehicles displaying Alumni permits may park in any undesignated parking space. Vehicles displaying Staff/Faculty permits may park in any designated staff parking space or undesignated parking space. Vehicles displaying Visitor permits may park in any designated visitor parking space or undesignated parking space.

  7. Can I park in a Red Zone if I am loading/unloading my vehicle?

    No, Red Zones are for emergency vehicles only. Parking regulations are strictly enforced on campus property.

  8. Do I have to register my bike and if so how much does a bike permit cost?

    All bicycles are required to be registered with Campus Safety and display a permit at all times while on campus. Permits are free and can be obtained from the Campus Safety Administrative Office during normal business hours. You will need the serial number, make, model and color of your bicycle in order to obtain a permit. Cyclists riding in the pedestrian areas of campus should use the designated bike lanes and obey all signs restricting bicycle use (such as those in front of the Library).

  9. Do I need a parking permit for my motorcycle?

    All motorcycles must display a valid permit while on campus. Motorcycles may park in designated stalls, or any available vehicle stall. Motorcycles may not park at bike racks, on curbs, sidewalks or any other non-parking areas.

  10. What should I do if I receive a citation?

    Students – All fines will be billed to the student’s account.
    Staff/Faculty – All citations must be paid at the Campus Safety Administrative Office within 7 business days or they will be billed to your department.
    Visitors – If you are a visitor, please come to the Campus Safety Administrative Office for further information.

    If you believe the citation to be in error, you may appeal the citation. Instructions for appeal are on the back of the citation.

  11. How do I appeal a citation?

    Citation appeals are to be made in writing within 7 business days of the violation and delivered in person, by mail, or by electronically to the Campus Safety Administrative Office. Citations not appealed within 7 days will be billed.

  12. How do I pay for a citation that I received?

    If you are a student, the fine will be billed to your student account and may be paid at the Accounting Office. If you are not a student, you may come to the Campus Safety Administrative Office to pay the fine. Only payments by cash or check are accepted (checks should be made out to Biola University).

  13. How much is my citation?

    The fine for each citation varies. Click here for more information.

  14. What is a “Repeat Offense” charge?

    A repeat offense charge is an administrative fee is assessed on the third citation received in an academic year and every citation thereafter.

  15. What do I do if I want to file a complaint about Campus Safety?

    In order for us to better understand the community's perception of our services, it is important that we investigate any allegation of inappropriate action. Your criticisms and constructive suggestions for our improvement are welcome. Each complaint will be investigated thoroughly and corrective action will be taken when appropriate.

    You can speak to a Campus Safety employee 24 hours a day by calling 562-903-6000 or visit our Administrative Office. We are located in the modular building adjacent to parking Lot ‘B’. You may also mail your complaint to the Department of Campus Safety or call the Chief of Campus Safety at (562) 903-4877.