Guidelines for Applying
Application Guidelines (for Staff Applicants Only)
- Applicants only need to complete the full online application once, and after this only updates to information will be necessary. To update information, simply log-in to the Biola University applicant system and select the appropriate field to update the information that has changed.
- All candidates will be notified of the final disposition of their application. However, email or telephone inquiries about the status of a position cannot be honored.
- Vacancies are posted on the website as they are received.
- Before submitting an application for an existing position, please review the minimum qualifications on the job description, if available, to ensure the position is an appropriate match.
- Current employees requesting a transfer must complete the electronic application once, in addition to their approved paper transfer request. Any subsequent transfer requests would only require an update to existing application information, if applicable.
Application Process (for Staff Applicants Only)
- To start the application process, you must first request an account by clicking on the "Create Account" tab of the Employment website in order to complete the staff application.
- Applications will be reviewed in the Human Resource Department, as well as the hiring departments.
- Applicants will be notified if testing is determined to be the next step in their application process.
- If the qualifications are met, applicants may be interviewed in Human Resources.
- From the interview pool, applications will be sent to the hiring departments for their review. Then the hiring department will interview select candidates. There are certain positions where this would be the first step of the hiring process, which would be determined at the discretion of the Human Resources department.
- Upon the final decision of the hiring supervisor, an offer of employment is extended by the Human Resources Department.
- Once the position has been filled, the remaining applicants will be notified by e-mail.
Annual Security Report: Department of Campus Safety
Biola University's Annual Security Report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Biola University and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, alcohol & drug use, and sexual assault.
In addition, the Annual Security Report gives information about services provided by Campus Safety, emergency preparedness & procedures, safety rules, and rules for parking & driving on campus.
You can obtain a copy of the Annual Security Report and crime statistics by contacting the Campus Safety Department at (562) 903-4877 or by accessing the following websites:
Information on registered sex offenders can be found at www.meganslaw.ca.gov or by calling the Los Angeles County Sheriff at (562) 863-8711.