- To provide a biblically-centered liberal arts and professional education as a foundation for professional practice, advanced education, and service to society.
- To develop graduates who value individual diversity, who respect each person as uniquely created in God's image, and who endeavor to assist clients to meet their needs.
- To provide a broad theory base as a foundation for the dynamic, evidence-based nursing practice which is required to meet current and future health care needs of society.
- To foster the spiritual commitment, moral discernment, intellectual inquiry and competence in critical and creative thinking essential for continued growth as individuals, citizens, and professionals.
- To prepare graduates who are safe, competent practitioners and who are equipped for involvement in leadership, advocacy, collaboration, education, and research utilization activities required to fulfill the responsibilities of baccalaureate professional nurses in a broad variety of settings.