Biola Youth Academics provides one-on-one guidance in a variety of subject areas for public, private or homeschooled students in grades K–12.
Tutoring staff include:
- BYA Instructors and Tutors
- Biola University students who have excellent knowledge in the desired subject areas
Available Locations and Hours
Tutoring is available by appointment at:
- BYA Offices/Rancho Campus, 14540 San Cristobal Dr., La Mirada, CA on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- BYA Campuses (for currently enrolled students): During open periods on class days.
- $55 per hour for 1–7 consecutive contracted hours
- $45 per hour for 8 or more consecutive contracted hours
Fill out our digital Tutoring Registration Form here.
After submitting the online registration form, you will be contacted by our BYA Office. An individualized Schedule & Fee Agreement (SFA) will be created and emailed to you as soon as possible. The signed SFA, all tutoring registration forms and payment must be submitted at least one business days prior to the first appointment. These include:
- Can a Biola Youth Academics tutor come to my house if my student needs extra help in a subject?
No, Biola Youth Academics has a Child Protection Policy and Procedures in place that does not allow tutors to meet in a private residence or privately outside of BYA campuses.
- If my student misses a 1:1 tutoring session, can we make it up?
One session per agreement may be rescheduled at no extra charge if parent calls within 24 hours. Otherwise, it will be treated as a non-refundable missed session. If the tutor must cancel the session, it will be rescheduled and you will not be charged for the rescheduled session.
- If I finish my 8 tutoring sessions and need 2 or 3 more, do I pay the higher price for additional sessions?
If you are meeting with a tutor on a consistent basis and need a few more sessions, you may add more sessions at the 8-session discounted rate.