Star Academics, Torrey Academy and Elementary Academics(Fall and Spring Semester Courses)
Fall semester credits will be applied to the Parent Account to be credited toward spring tuition unless a request for a refund is made through the registration office. Spring semester credits will be refunded.
A full refund of semester tuition* will be issued if a student is not admitted to a class due to space limitations or if the class is canceled due to low enrollment. Otherwise, refunds will be processed within the following guidelines:
- A full refund of fall or spring Elementary Academics, Star Academics, and Torrey Academy semester tuition* (minus a $25 drop fee) will be given if a student withdraws by the end of the first week of classes.
- A 50% refund of fall or spring Elementary Academics, Star Academics and Torrey Academy semester tuition* will be given if a student withdraws by the end of the third week of classes. Please visit our current academic calendar for specific dates.
- No refunds will be given in the event of student dismissal.
- If tuition was paid with a check or with cash, expect to receive a refund check within 3-4 weeks from the time of the request.
- If tuition was paid with a credit/debit card by phone, expect to have your card credited within one week.
- If tuition was paid with a credit/debit card online, expect to have your card credited within 2 business days.
* Tuition refers to semester class tuition and Writing Lab fees, but does not include material, application, or registration fees. The BYA application fee is nonrefundable. Material and registration fees are nonrefundable except in the case of non admittance due to full or canceled classes.
All other BYA Programs
Tuition and fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable unless a student is not admitted to a class due to space limitations or if the class is cancelled due to low enrollment.