Star Academics, Torrey Academy and Elementary Academics
(Fall and Spring Semester Courses)
Fall semester credits will be applied to the Parent Account to be credited toward spring tuition unless a request for a refund is made through the registration office. Spring semester credits will be refunded before the end of the academic year.
* These policies do not apply to Independent Learning Academy courses. For ILA tuition refund policies, please refer to the ILA Parent/Student Handbook found on the ILA Orange County Campus Forms page.
** Tuition refers to semester class tuition and PSP membership fees, but does not include registration fees.
A full refund of semester tuition** will be issued if a student is not admitted to a class due to space limitations or if the class is canceled due to low enrollment. Otherwise, refunds will be processed within the following guidelines:
- A full refund of fall or spring Elementary Academics, Star Academics, Torrey Academy and BYA PSP tuition* (minus a $30 drop fee) will be given if a student withdraws by the end of the first week of classes.
- A 50% refund of fall or spring Elementary Academics, Star Academics, Torrey Academy and BYA PSP tuition* will be given if a student withdraws by the end of the third week of classes. Please visit our current academic calendar for specific dates.
- No refunds will be given in the event of student dismissal.
- If tuition was paid with a check or with cash, expect to receive a refund check within three to four weeks from the time of the request.
- If tuition was paid with a credit/debit card by phone, expect to have your card credited within one week from the time of the request.
- If tuition was paid with a credit/debit card online, expect to have your card credited within two business days from the time of the request.
Biola Youth Academics gives families the option of paying semester tuition in four equal installments. This payment option is available to you on the Make a Payment Page in your Parent Account for a fee of $60 per semester.
BYA Payment Agreement Terms and Conditions
To enroll in Biola Youth Academics (“BYA”), I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions specified herein.
- For all BYA programs in which I enroll my student(s) during any term, I agree to pay all charges by the due dates according to my Payment Plan. I understand that when I enroll my student(s) for any class/program at BYA, I accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees, and other associated costs assessed as a result of my registration.
- I understand that a $60 payment plan fee will be charged per opted-in semester; this amount is to be paid upon 1st installment due date.
- I understand that a $15 late fee is applicable per installment that is more than 14 days past due.
- I understand that if I become delinquent on any monies due, BYA will place a financial hold on my account preventing me from enrolling in any future classes/programs. I further understand that if I default on this obligation, Biola University may disclose that I have defaulted, along with other relevant information, to credit bureau organizations and this debt may be assigned to a Collection Agency for collection.
- I understand that payments are due even if classes or memberships are dropped, subject to the BYA Refund Policy.
All other BYA Programs
Tuition and fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable unless a student is not admitted to a class due to space limitations or if the class is cancelled due to low enrollment.