Talbot Job Placement
Talbot Job Placement exists to serve as a resource for Talbot School of Theology's current students and alumni. We consider it a great honor to serve you as the Lord continues to lead in your life of commitment to Him. Whether you are looking for a first time position or transitioning to another place of ministry, we are committed to providing prompt and helpful assistance.
For those of you who are new or returning to Talbot Job Placement, please note that we have transitioned into a new job placement system called Handshake. Biola University as a whole has benefited greatly from this world-class resource, and we are excited to offer this service to our treasured students and alumni. The benefits of Handshake include:
- A broader exposure to more ministry jobs and opportunities. Handshake lists church positions, but also includes a wide variety of parachurch, academic and workplace environments where you can serve the Lord.
- More details about the ministries and organizations listing their jobs through Handshake. Employers can be far more specific in describing both their job setting and expectations, along with qualifications they seek from candidates.
- Continued assistance from our Talbot Job Placement office, as well as the team at Handshake.
Whether you're looking for employment or you are an employer yourself, we have resources for you to guide you through your Handshake. Please see the following instructions for more information:
Log in with your Email Address
- Go to the Handshake website and sign up for an account. If the link does not work and you find yourself on the sign in page instead of the registration page, click “Sign up for an Account” in the blue square under the Handshake logo. You want to Sign Up, not Sign In.
- Click on the oval "Student/Alumni" button and fill out the requested information. You may use your personal email address.
- Once you are approved for an account, go to the Handshake login page and click “sign in with your email address” in the text underneath the “Biola Student and Alumni Login” button. Do not click the Student and Alumni Login button; it will prompt you to log in with your NetID.
- Search for job postings using key categories like "Churches" or "Religious," or search using job titles, employers or keywords.
Log in with your NetID and Password
- Go to the Handshake login page.
- Click on the "Biola Student and Alumni Login" button.
- Log in using your Biola NetID and password.
- If you do not remember your NetID and password but would like to use it, you can contact IT and they will help you get set up with your NetID and password.
Need help creating a job in Handshake or creating an employer profile? We're here to help. View our instructions to learn more — please note that you must first create and be approved for an employer account in order to create a job.