Certificate in Public Relations, Social Media
The Certificate in Public Relations, Social Media is a fully online program focused on the foundations and applications of utilizing social media to share information, ideas and other forms of expression to key audiences. You will gain the skills to become digital experts in the ever-changing landscape of technology.
The certificate program consists of three courses that are part of the Master of Arts in Public Relations and Reputation Management. This means that all the credits you earn can be applied toward the master’s program.
Request More Information
Why Pursue a Public Relations Certificate?
- Flexibility of a Fully Online Program. You can pursue this fully online program at your own pace while learning with master-level students.
- Gain Digital Marketing Skills. Learn how to create and execute successful marketing campaigns by implementing effective content and social engagement strategies.
- Career Opportunities. With the growing prominence of social media marketing, this certificate will help you position yourself for success with new career or advancement opportunities.
- Established Reputation. Learn from award-winning faculty in a respected public relations program. Biola Public Relations has been nationally recognized for its student publications and initiatives and created a legacy of motivated, high-achieving alumni.
As a part of the certificate program, students will take the following coursework. Please refer to the catalog for more information.
- PR Leadership & Campaign Strategy – This course introduces core leadership practices and competencies within public relations related to campaign development and management, effective leadership principles, organizational systems, strategic decision making and forecasting.
- Strategic Digital Communication – Students will learn fundamental theories, tools and strategies to leverage digital media on behalf of organizations. The course will introduce principles of social media, digital analytics and paid placement with the goal of students creating integrative plans for clients in a virtual environment.
- Social Media Analytics, Strategy & Management – Using analytics and research methods as a foundation to develop campaign initiatives, this course advances students' understanding of digital public relations in the areas of strategy development, management, and effective engagement. Students will create a comprehensive campaign initiative for a client that integrates the latest tools and industry standards across social media, SEO and Digital Strategy.