Faculty | B.A. in Public Relations
- Associate Professor of Public Relations
- Director of Public Relations Programs
- Ph.D., Regent University
- M.A., Biola University
- B.A., Biola University
Carolyn Mae Kim, Ph.D., APR, is an award winning scholar, educator and public relations (PR) professional. She currently serves as an assistant professor at Biola University and she has a background working with global charities and national non-profits, developing creative PR and marketing campaigns. Her research interests include credibility, digital strategy, social media and PR education.
- Instructor, Public Relations
- M.S., Northwestern University
- B.A., Westmont College
B.A. in English and Political Science, Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA, 1983
M.S. in Journalism, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 1990
"Bill Simon is a communications professional with 26 years of media experience extending into radio, television, print (magazine and publishing), and web content. His range of knowledge extends into written formats such as...
- Adjunct, Journalism and Public Relations
- M.O.L., Biola University
- B.S., Northern Arizona University
Anna Sinclair earned her Bachelors of Science in Public Relations at Northern Arizona University and her Masters of Organizational Leadership at Biola University. Sinclair spent several years working for the Museum of Making Music in Carlsbad, Calif. and then transitioned to Mariners Church in Irvine, Calif. Volunteerism was a major role within her positions at both institutions. Her master’s...
- Publication Editing & Management
- Writing for Public Relations
- Senior Portfolio
- Media Career Readiness
- Intro to Public Relations
- Combining leadership principles and the evolving influences on social intelligence with public relations practices that deal with group dynamics.
- Associate Professor of Journalism and Chair of the Department of Media, Journalism & Public Relations
- Adviser, the Point magazine
- Adviser, narrative book projects
- Adviser, Cross-Cultural Media Concentration
- Ph.D., Biola University
- M.A., Regent University
- B.A., Evangel College
Professor Tamara Welter brings an unusually helpful perspective to the journalism and public relations classrooms, blending insights gained from her professional experience with knowledge and understanding of the academic life. Professor Welter carries a firm commitment to integration of faith and craft and strives to challenge students not only academically and professionally but spiritually...
- Professor of Journalism
- Adviser, Print Journalism
- Adviser, Chimes
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky
- M.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.A., Wheaton College
Michael Longinow is the former chair of Biola's Department of Journalism and the advisor of The Chimes newspaper. During his tenure at Biola, he has overseen the rapid expansion of journalism within the university, hiring new faculty members in the fields of photojournalism, broadcast journalism and public relations. He's led the department in a convergent approach to teaching and a...
- Associate Professor of Journalism
- Adviser, Broadcast Journalism
- Adviser, Eagle Vision
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School
- B.S., University of Illinois
Stew Oleson brings a diverse professional background to his position teaching broadcasting in the Journalism Department at Biola. Stew is an award-winning broadcast journalist and producer, former Assistant State's Attorney in Chicago, a travel show host, and a standup comedian.
Stew grew up in Moline, Illinois where he attended the Evangelical Free Church and graduated with a BS in Journalism...
- Adjunct, Manager of Media Relations
- Adjunct, Media Journalism & PR