Faculty | B.M. in Music Composition
- Associate Professor, Music Composition and Theory
- Area Coordinator, Composition
- D.M.A. in Composition, University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
- M.A. in Composition, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.M. in Trumpet Performance, Biola University
Robert Denham’s music includes works of every genre and has been performed to great acclaim across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. He has worked closely with Carl St. Clair and the Pacific Symphony Chamber Orchestra, who recently premiered his 65-minute oratorio, Under the Shadow with the Biola University Chorale. Other recent premiers include his three-movement Concerto for Flute...
- Professor, Percussion and Composition
- Director, Jazz Ensemble
- M.A., California State University, Fullerton
- B.A., California State University, Fullerton
- Doctoral Equivalency in Percussion Performance, Biola University
As a percussionist, Mr. Hulling has been an extremely active performer within the greater Los Angeles music scene. He has performed with the Pacific Symphony Orchestra for over 30 years. He has also been the primary percussionist at the Ahmanson Theater for their musical theater productions. Just a few of the Broadway shows on his resume include:
- Beauty and The Beast
- Studio Artist, Composition
- Studio Artist, Composition
- D.M.A., Composition, University of Southern California
- M.M., Composition, Peabody Conservatory, John Hopkins University
- B.A., Music Theory, George Washington University
- Teaching credential received from Indiana University
- Additional studies pursued at Indiana University and Catholic University of America
Lawrence Mumford's music, published by eight different companies, has been premiered in many cities from New York to Los Angeles and has received radio airplay in Europe. He has composed for producers at 20th-21st Century Fox in Hollywood and even placed a popular song on a Billboard #1 album and Record of the Year. Several of his original orchestral themes played daily on radio in over 50...
- Studio Artist, Music Composition
Jonathan David Neal is a composer and orchestrator with 25+ years for experience in composing music for film, TV and record projects in LA, Nashville, London and Budapest as well as composing for and working with ethnic instruments and musicians in Indonesia, Africa, Eastern Europe and the Middle East. He has recently composed music for the feature film "Film Maker's Son" and a documentary...
- Adjunct Professor, New Media Composition
With over 30 years of musical experience, Mike Watts has worked primarily in the movie, television, and record industries. At Biola, he teaches the Advanced Music Tech and Film Scoring course. Though much of his work is in orchestration, composition, and arrangement, Watts also plays piano, synthesizer, and accordion.
- Adjunct Professor, Music Composition
- M.M., Music Composition, California State University, Long Beach
- B.M. Music Composition, California State University, Northridge
- Kodály Method certification from OAKE, ASCI and C-BEST certification
Christopher J. Wills has performed and recorded for film and television productions including Columbia Pictures’ Spider-Man 2, toured in concert with singer and actress Lorna Luft (daughter of Judy Garland) and Jim Curry with the Pacific Symphony, Houston Symphony, Cincinnati Pops and other orchestras at major venues such as Colorado’s Red Rocks and Irvine’s Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. Wills...