Faculty | B.S. in Mathematics
- Director of Quantitative Reasoning and Instructor of Mathematics
- M.S., Biola University, La Mirada
- M.A., Biola University, La Mirada
- B.S., Biola University, La Mirada
Chelsie Balli is serving at Biola as the director of the quantitative reasoning program. This role will enhance the department’s contribution to the University’s core curriculum and requires a unique blend of mathematics and administrative expertise. Chelsie believes that the integration of faith and learning is a key element of the educational theory and practice of a Christian University...
- Math Education
- Instructional Practices
- Memory in Math
- Math Anxiety
- Foundational Skills in Math
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Practical Applications in the Math Classroom
- Associate Professor
- Ph.D, Mathematics, University of Southern California
- B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, Biola University
Joseph DiMuro teaches in the undergraduate B.S. in Mathematics program. His courses include Calculus (3 semesters), Abstract Algebra (2 semesters), Introduction to Real Analysis (2 semesters), and Readings in Mathematics. He sees the mathematical world as a part of God's creation, and he strives to help his students see the beauty in the mathematical world like beauty in nature. DiMuro aims to...
- Associate Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Ph.D., Brown University
- M.S., National Taiwan University
- B.S., National Taiwan University
Shieu-Hong Lin teaches core courses on computer science and mathematics in the areas of algorithms, artificial intelligence, data science, game theory, machine learning, optimization, and programming. His computer science courses adopt an analysis-design-implementation paradigm to connect the understanding of analytical frameworks with hands-on problem-solving experiences. To keep students...
- Algorithms Design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Operations Research
- Statistical Learning Theory and Application
- Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Chair, Mathematics and Computer Science
- Ph.D., University of California, Riverside
- M.A., California State University, Fullerton
- M.A., Biola University
- B.S., Biola University
- B.A., Biola University
Jason Wilson oversees the statistics service courses in the Department of Math and Computer Science: Introduction to Probability and Statistics, Business Statistics, and Biostatistics. He teaches Probability, Mathematical Statistics, Numerical Analysis, and God and Math for Math and Computer Science and Statistics for Research in the Applied Psychology Program. Giving students a vision of how...
- Associate Professor, Math
- Ph.D., Stanford University
- B.S., Fudan University (Shanghai, China)
Yu Yan teaches a wide range of mathematics courses, such as Calculus, Introduction to Probability and Statistics, and Differential Equations. Her teaching pedagogy focuses on developing the students' thinking and learning skills. Her lessons emphasize conceptual understanding and effective problem solving. Her passion is to lead students to discover the beauty of mathematics, which...