Open Tutor Positions (Fall 2017)
BIOS 282 // Microbiology: 3-5 hr/wk
CHEM 105 // Gen Chem I: 3-5 hr/wk
CHEM 107 // Intro to Chem: 3-5 hr/wk
CHEM 120 // Principles of Organic & Biochemistry: 3-5 hr/wk
CHEM 301 // O Chem 1: 4-6 hr/wk
Starting Pay Rate: $10.50/hr
To provide individual and/or group tutoring assistance on a weekly basis for Biola students.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist students in improving their understanding of the subject matter and developing/refining study skills.
- Meet weekly with individual students and/or small group sessions organized by the Learning Center to enhance, support and clarify course content.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants are required to have already completed the specific course and excelled in it (B+ or higher).
- High academic recommendations from the course faculty.
- Excellent social/communication skills, supported by the faculty recommendations.
- Solid understanding of basic study skills.
Preferred Qualification (not required)
- Previous tutoring or TA experience
- Previous experience working with diverse populations
- Hours depend solely on the demand for each subject in a given semester. Applicants should be able and willing to fill these hours, should they be needed.
- Work schedules are based on each tutor's own availability, submitted to and managed by Joyce Oh, our Coordinator of Support Services. Please note: Tutor's hours of availability need not be limited to regular business hours and can include evenings, early morning, and weekend times.
Completed applications may be dropped off at our office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please contact our office.
562-906-4542 | email@example.com