Programs & Services
$90/class per semester for 1 hour a week of individual tutoring.
$45/class each semester for 1 hour a week of small group tutoring.
Tutoring is available for many Biola undergraduate courses, including Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry, Greek, Spanish, and French. General Studies courses that are not readily available may be obtained upon request.
Tutors are upper division students who have successfully completed the course, and have been highly recommended by faculty. Tutoring sessions are limited and are available on a first-come, first served basis. Students are strongly encouraged to sign up early.
Requesting a Tutor
- Complete the Tutoring Request Form (online form).
Become a Tutor
If you are a Biola student with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and a grade of B+ or higher in the course you wish to tutor, please look here for a list open tutor positions and more information.
Strategies for Success
Strategies for Academic & Personal Success is a ten-week course designed to help you learn test-taking strategies, strengths-based living, effective note-taking, time-management, critical thinking, and your learning style.
If you are struggling academically and would like to talk about your study strategies and see how the course would benefit you, please stop by or give us a call.
- GNST 001
- Credit/No Credit (No Grade or Unit)
- Open to all undergraduate students
- $60.00 Course Fee
- 10 Week curriculum, one day per week
- Generally 5-6 sections in the Fall and 3 sections in the Spring
For Those Who:
- Want to sharpen their academic skills and learn about their strengths.
- Are struggling academically and need help identifying their learning style.
- Are provisionally admitted students.
- Are on academic probation.