Faculty | B.A. in Game Design and Interactive Media
- Assistant Professor of Game Design
- MFA, Interactive Media, University of Southern California
- B.A. Computer Science, University of California, San Diego
“Game design is a powerful storytelling medium because players become part of a story and explore consequences of choices.” Michael is a narrative game designer prototyping his independent game, Telmahre, which explores using virtual space as a metaphor for a character’s mental state. In his first year at Biola, he has developed the new Game Design program for CMA. Michael has also taught game...
- Fundamentals of Game Design
- Game Design I and II
- Narrative Design for Games
- Level Design
- Introduction to Programming
- Game Scripting I and II
- Production Studio I
- Digital Video,
- Flash Game Development
- Advanced Photoshop
- Introduction to Multimedia.
- Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Ph.D., Brown University
- M.Div., Logos Evangelical Seminary
- B.S., National Taiwan University
Shieu-Hong Lin teaches core courses on computer science and mathematics in the areas of algorithms, artificial intelligence, data science, game theory, machine learning, optimization, and programming. His computer science courses adopt an analysis-design-implementation paradigm to connect the understanding of analytical frameworks with hands-on problem-solving experiences. To keep students...
- Algorithms Design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Operations Research
- Statistical Learning Theory and Application
- Professor of Art
- M.F.A. in Sculpture, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- B.S. in Art, University of Northwestern–St. Paul
Luke Aleckson is a Professor of Art at Biola University. He received his M.F.A. from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago in Sculpture and a B.S. in Art from the University of Northwestern, St. Paul, Summa Cum Laude. Past positions have included serving as Department Chair and Professor of Art and Design at the University of Northwestern, St. Paul, Director of Denler Gallery in St. Paul,...