- Ph.D. Philosophy in Sociology University of North Texas
- M.A. Sociology, minor in Anthropology University of North Texas
- M.A. Biblical Studies Central American Theological Seminary
- B.A. Sociocultural Studies, B.A. Spanish, Minor in TESOL Bethel College
- Alpha Chi Inspirational Faculty Member, Fresno Pacific University, 2017
- The Rudy Ray Seward Award for the Outstanding Sociology Masters Student, 2013
- Achievement Scholarship, University of North Texas, 2011
- “Addressing the Neglect of Students of Color: The Strategy of Life Coaching.” McGill, J., Huang, L., Davis, E., Humphrey, D., Pak, J., Thacker, A., and J. Tom, Journal of Christianity and Sociology 8(1). 2018.
- “The Prosperity Gospel and Individualistic Economic and Social Attitudes in Guatemala.” Huang, Lindsey A. and Gabe Ignatow. Interdisciplinary Journal for Research on Religion 13(10). 2017.
- "Can Short-Term Mission Trips Reduce Prejudice?" Johnson, Lindsey A. Journal for the Sociological Integration of Religion and Society 4(1). 2014.
- "Global System Theory and ‘Market-friendly’ Religion." Ignatow, Gabriel, Johnson, Lindsey, Madanipour, Ali. Globalizations, 1-15. 2014.
- “‘Market Religions’ and Postmodern Globalization Theory.” Ignatow, Gabriel and Lindsey Johnson. In Samir Dasgupta and Peter Kivisto (Eds.) Sociology of Postmodernism. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage. 2014.
- Pacific Sociological Association. Presented on “Understanding Faith-Based Colleges and Universities’ Response to the Rescinding of DACA.” March 2018.
- Christian Sociological Association Annual Conference. Presented on “Institutional Blindness: Rectifying the Invisibility of Racial and Ethnic Minority Students.” June 2017.
- Lilly Community Scholarship Grant Recipient Team, Indiana Wesleyan University, Merrillville Campus. Presented on “First Generation College Students.” July 2016.
- Society for the Scientific Study of Religion Annual Conference. Presented on “Gender Equality among Pentecostals in Guatemala: A Promising Future?” November 2015.
- Society for the Scientific Study of Religion Annual Conference. Presented on “Prosperity Belief and Liberal Individualism: A Study of Economic and Social Attitudes in Guatemala.” November 2014.
- American Sociological Association Annual Conference. Presented on “Socioeconomic Status and Prosperity Belief in Guatemala.” August 2014.
- Association of Christians Teaching Sociology Annual Conference Presented on “The Racial and Ethnic Habitus: Implications from Short-Term Mission Trips.” June 2013.
- Southwestern Social Science Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana. Presented on “Participation in Associational Life and Trust in Neighbors among Women in Guatemala.” March 2013.
- Association of Christians Teaching Sociology Annual Conference. Presented on “Can Short-Term Mission Trips Reduce Prejudice?” June 2012.
- Midwest Sociological Society Annual Conference. Presented on “Desecularizing Globalization Theory? Some Implications of Guatemalan Neo-Pentecostalism for Transnational Capitalist Class Theory.” March 2012.
Areas of Expertise for Media Interviews
- Cross-Cultural Issues