- Ph.D., University of California Los Angeles
- B.S., The University of British Columbia
- 2010 - Cram–Winstein Travel Fellowship (UCLA) ACS Division of Organic Chemistry Graduate Research Symposium Award
- 2007 - Excellence in First Year Academics and Research Award (UCLA)
- Nickel-Catalyzed Suzuki–Miyaura Cross-Coupling in a Green Alcohol Solvent for an Undergraduate Organic Chemistry Laboratory. Liana Hie, Jonah J. Chang, and Neil K. Garg. J. Chem. Educ. 2014, 92, 571–574.
- Total Synthesis of the Proposed Structure of Mycosporulone: Structural Revision and an Unexpected Retro-Aldol/Aldol Reaction. Michael E. Jung and Jonah J. Chang. Org. Lett. 2012, 14, 4898–4901.
- Enantiospecific Formal Total Synthesis of (+)-Fawcettimine. Michael E. Jung and Jonah J. Chang. Org. Lett. 2010, 12, 2962–2965.
- Oxidative Amidation of Phenols through the Use of Hypervalent Iodine Reagents: Development and Applications. Marco A. Ciufolini, Norbert A. Braun, Sylvain Canesi, Malika Ousmer, Jonah Chang, and David Chai. Synthesis 2007, 24, 3759–3772.
- Synthetic Studies Toward Spiroleucettadine. Jonah J. Chang, Bryan Chan, and Marco A. Ciufolini. Tetrahedron Lett. 2006, 47, 3599–3601.
- Progress Towards the Total Synthesis of Mycosporulone. 241st ACS National Meeting, Anaheim, CA, March 2011.
- Enantiospecific Formal Total Synthesis of (+)-Fawcettimine. ACS Division of Organic Chemistry Graduate Research Symposium, Boston, MA, July 2010.
- Tridentate Amido Carbene Ligands in Early Transition Metal Coordination Chemistry. XXI International Conference on Organometallic Chemistry, Vancouver, BC, July 2004.
- General Chemistry I and II
- Chemistry 332 Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry 430 Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry 311 Organic Chemistry