Certificate in Public Relations, Strategic Communication
The Certificate in Public Relations, Strategic Communication is a fully online program designed to train students to effectively shape values, opinions, beliefs and behaviors in an ethical manner. You will understand how to communicate to targeted audiences by engaging their hearts and minds to make an impact in a fast-paced world.
The certificate program consists of three courses that are part of the Master of Arts in Public Relations and Reputation Management. This means that all the credits you earn can be applied toward the master’s program.
Yes! Tell Me More!
Why Pursue a Public Relations Certificate?
- Flexibility of a Fully Online Program. You can pursue this fully online program at your own pace while learning with master-level students.
- Ethics Emphasis. At Biola, our biblically integrated curriculum will equip you with a Christian perspective on your work. You’ll see public relations as an opportunity to ethically engage the community around you and drive thoughtful decision-making.
- Real-Life Applications. Integrate what you learn in these courses to real-life situations. Whether you are in the field of public relations or in another career, you can apply the principles you learn to make a difference in your workplace.
- Established Reputation. Learn from award-winning faculty in a respected public relations program. Biola’s public relations program has been nationally recognized for its student organizations and initiatives, and has created a legacy of motivated, high-achieving alumni.
As a part of the certificate program, students will take the following coursework. Please refer to the catalog for more information.
- Principles of PR – This course provides an introductions to the fundamentals of public relations including the historical context for the discipline, an overview of the public relations process, and a foundation for public relations functions within organizational settings, key legal considerations, global influences on the practice of PR, and an analysis of the future of the industry.
- PR Leadership & Campaign Strategy – This course introduces core leadership practices and competencies within public relations related to campaign development and management, effective leadership principles, organizational systems, strategic decision making and forecasting.
- Strategic Digital Communication – Students will learn fundamental theories, tools and strategies to leverage digital media on behalf of organizations. The course will introduce principles of social media, digital analytics and paid placement with the goal of students creating integrative plans for clients in a virtual environment.