M.S. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology
The M.S. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology will prepare you to advance human organizational development in the workplace and cultivate a dynamic environment where wellness and growth become benchmarks for the success of an organization. You will have the opportunity to help bring Human Resources management and organizational development to a new level.Through this program, you will learn to make theory and research-informed decisions, foster enriching and inclusive relationships, and develop the strengths and virtues of people in the workplace.
As the average person spends 40 hours or more in the workplace, the need to create a healthy culture — with integrity and empathy — is more important than ever. When an organization’s people thrive, the organization also thrives.
Yes! Tell Me More!
Why Choose Industrial-Organizational Psychology at Biola?
Biola’s Master of Science in Industrial-Organizational Psychology program is designed to develop Christ-centered consultants who will facilitate the advancement of human and organizational flourishing in the workplace. As a graduate student, you will be focusing on the psychology of people and organizations at work. As you immerse yourself in the program, you will:
- Learn to integrate the theoretical framework and evidence-based practices of industrial-organizational psychology with distinctly Christian understandings of work and personhood.
- Be equipped to foster virtues and well-being in the workplace, advancing human and organizational flourishing.
- Become a scientist-practitioner in the field of industrial-organizational psychology, applying research skills to tell accurate stories and inform decisions.
- Benefit from mentors and an apprenticeship approach to learning throughout the program.
- Develop social connections and a professional network to obtain a human resources or consulting job upon graduation.
What Will I Study?
Through active and engaging teaching, students will be challenged to think critically and scientifically, develop exceptional interpersonal skills, learn how to integrate theology with industrial-organizational psychology, and cultivate expertise to promote human well-being and virtues in the workplace.
In addition to being mentored by our exceptional faculty and connecting with other highly motivated, growth-oriented students in your cohort, your education will continue to be enriched as you study courses such as:
- Theology of Human Flourishing
- Psychometrics of Human Organization
- Research Analytics
- Program Evaluation & Consultation
- Christian Formation and Leadership in Diverse Contexts
The M.S. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology will prepare graduates to serve the needs of various organizations, including large and small corporations, churches, mission organizations, and non-profit organizations. The expertise you gain through this program will equip you to serve in positions such as:
- Organizational Health Consultant
- Human Resources Manager
- Human Resources Consultant
- Program Evaluator
- Employee Assessment and Development Specialistiversity, Equity and Inclusion Consultant