Plan Your Visit
Transportation and Parking
- All parking spaces throughout campus are available for commencement guests. Parking permits are not required for this event. For the convenience of our guests Lot R, S and K are parking structures near the commencement ceremony held in Chase Gymnasium (building number 19 on the campus map).
- Please display a state-issued placard when parking in designated ADA parking areas. Lot O will be used as a drop off area for guests with limited mobility for close access to the ceremony. Lot O will also be used for ADA parking.
Admission and Tickets
- Each graduate will receive a commencement ticket email with instructions for requesting complimentary tickets.
- Tickets allow guests access into the commencement ceremony, but do not reserve a specific seat. All seating is available on a first come, first ushered basis. All guests are required to have a ticket to enter the commencement ceremony, except for children who will be sitting with a family member and not using an additional seat.
- We recommend arriving an hour and a half prior to the ceremony. Doors will open an hour and a half before the ceremony.
- Lansing Auditorium in the Conservatory of Music (building 17 on campus map) will be available as an indoor seating location with a live stream of the commencement ceremony. Tickets will be required to enter.
- Strollers are not allowed in the commencement venue and may not be left in the aisle ways. We will have a stroller parking area outside of the venue due to space restrictions and fire regulations. If possible we recommend leaving strollers at home or in the car.
Items Not to Bring
- Balloons, large gifts, coolers, backpacks, umbrellas and noisemakers are not allowed inside the Commencement venue. Please leave these items in your car or check them at the commencement entrance.
- You are welcome to photograph and video the ceremony from your seat, but please be courteous to those around you. We have a professional photography company that will be taking pictures of your graduate. Graduates will be contacted after commencement with purchasing options. Remember that we're filming as well, and will be providing a high-quality DVD for an incredible price.
- Please display a state-issued placard when parking in designated disabled parking areas. Campus Safety officers will direct guests to Lot O as well as the 1st level of parking structure S, which are designated for handicap parking.
- Accommodations for the deaf at the ceremony will also be available. A sign-language interpreter will be present in the front of the ASL seating section.
- For guests that are hearing impaired, hard of hearing devices are available. Please email email@example.com to reserve the device and receive instructions.
- Can't make it to Biola? We will be streaming live video starting a few minutes before the ceremony, so watch or bookmark the Watch Live page.
Check out our on campus dining locations while you are on campus!
- Eagles Nest
- Common Grounds
- Heritage Café
Biola Sponsor Hotels
If you are looking for a place to stay during your visit, see our list of sponsor hotels!
Other Local Hotel Options
NOTE: Biola University provides this listing only as a service to our students. Biola does not have a business relationship with any of the companies listed and does not recommend or guarantee any of these services