Plan Your Visit
Transportation and Parking
- All parking spaces throughout campus are available for commencement guests. Parking permits are not required for this event. Lots R, S and K are parking structures near the commencement ceremony.
- Please display a state-issued placard when parking in designated ADA parking areas.
Admission and Tickets
- Each graduate will receive a commencement ticket email with instructions for requesting complimentary tickets.
- Tickets allow guests access into the commencement ceremony, but do not reserve a specific seat. All seating is available on a first come, first ushered basis. All guests are required to have a ticket to enter the commencement ceremony, except for children who will be sitting with a family member and not using an additional seat.
- We recommend arriving an hour prior to the ceremony. Doors will open an hour before the ceremony.
- Strollers are not allowed in the commencement venue and may not be left in the aisle ways. We will have a stroller parking area outside of the venue due to space restrictions and fire regulations. If possible we recommend leaving strollers at home or in the car.
Items Not to Bring
- Balloons, large gifts, coolers, backpacks, umbrellas and noisemakers are not allowed inside the Commencement venue. Please leave these items in your car or check them at the commencement entrance.
- You are welcome to photograph and video the ceremony from your seat, but please be courteous to those around you. We have a professional photography company that will be taking pictures of your graduate. Graduates will be contacted after commencement with purchasing options. Remember that we're filming as well, and will be providing a high-quality DVD.
Accessible Parking and Seating for Guests with Disabilities
- Please display a state-issued placard when parking in designated disabled parking areas. Campus Safety officers will direct guests to designated handicap parking.
- Inside the ceremony area, accessible seating is reserved exclusively for guests with accessible needs and their companion. Accessible seating is available to those who use wheelchairs, those who use other mobility devices, and people who cannot climb steps or walk long distances because of significant arthritis or severe respiratory, circulatory, or cardiac conditions. Individuals who, because of their disability, cannot sit in a straight-back chair or those whose service dogs cannot fit under a non-accessible seat or lie safely in the aisle are also permitted to purchase accessible seats.
- Biola will provide real time captioning of the ceremony in several ways. Guests can access captions from any seat via a web browser on their mobile phone or tablet (cellular data recommended, as the event takes place on a field with limited wifi coverage). A designated seating section with a large monitor displaying open captions is also available. Please email email@example.com to reserve a seat in this section. Additionally, our live stream located at biola.edu will have closed captions available.
Assistive Listening Devices
- For guests that are hearing impaired, Assistive Listening Devices are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the device and receive instructions. Guests will be required to leave valid identification, such as a driver's license, as collateral on commencement day.
- Can't make it to Biola? We will be streaming live video located at biola.edu starting a few minutes before the ceremony, so watch or bookmark the Watch Live page.
Check out our on-campus dining locations while you're here!
- Café Biola
- Eagles' Nest
- Common Grounds
- Heritage Café
Biola Sponsor Hotels
If you are looking for a place to stay during your visit, see our list of sponsor hotels!
Other Local Hotel Options
NOTE: Biola University provides this listing only as a service to our students. Biola does not have a business relationship with any of the companies listed and does not recommend or guarantee any of these services