We believe a filmmaker only becomes truly proficient through much practice, so we maintain production equipment and post-production facilities with the philosophy of continuous and ample access. The Production Center is available 24 hours a day. Unlike many film schools, students have access to most equipment day one.
The Production Center runs like a small studio where students determine the necessary tools for projects and make arrangements for gear (camera/lighting/audio) and reserve soundstages, grip trucks, or editing stations.
The significance of the products produced within the Production Center cannot be overestimated. Portfolios, reels, and film festival awards bring professional recognition to students, and provide vital resume material for future employment.
Industry-standard tools are purchased and upgraded annually. Strong relationships are maintained with local vendors to provide additional support for anything beyond our inventory.
The Production Center houses:
- Studio A: 1,500-square-foot soundstage capable of holding larger sets
- Studio B: 900-square-foot soundstage with green screen and multi-camera capability
- Equipment room housing almost $3 million dollars worth of equipment
- Control room / screening room: 4K monitor display with stadium style seating
- Nine editing bays
- Surround sound mixing room
- Stereo mixing room
- Anechoic recording room: For voice over, foley, and other audio needs
- Convergent journalism newsroom
- 38-seat screening room adjacent to the Production Center
To schedule a tour of the Production Center, please submit an online schedule a visit form.