We believe a filmmaker only becomes truly proficient through much practice, so we maintain production equipment and post-production facilities with the philosophy of continuous and ample access. The Production Center is available 24 hours a day. Unlike many film schools, students have access to most equipment day one.
The Production Center runs like a small studio where students determine the necessary tools for projects and make arrangements for gear (camera/lighting/audio) and reserve soundstages, grip trucks, or editing stations.
Industry-standard tools are purchased and upgraded annually. Strong relationships are maintained with local vendors to provide additional support for anything beyond our inventory.
The portfolios, reels and film festival awards that come out of access to the Production Center bring professional recognition to students and provide vital resume material for future employment.
The Production Center houses:
- Studio A: 1,500-square-foot soundstage capable of holding larger sets
- Studio B: 900-square-foot soundstage with green screen and multi-camera capability
- Over $3 million dollars worth of state-of-the-art equipment
- Two 3-ton grip trucks (one completely loaded with grip and electric gear)
- Control room/screening room: 4K monitor display with stadium style seating
- Nine editing bays
- Surround sound mixing room
- Stereo mixing room
- Anechoic recording room for voice over, foley, ADR and other audio needs
- Convergent journalism newsroom
- 38-seat screening room adjacent to the Production Center with Christie projector and 7.1 surround sound
Tour the Production Center
- Production Center Virtual Tour
- Screening Room Virtual Tour
- Grip Truck Virtual Tour
- To schedule an in-person tour of the Production Center, please submit an online schedule a visit form.