3-4 inches of rain is expected in La Mirada and surrounding areas between early Friday morning (2/17/17) and late Saturday morning (2/18/17). There is a possibility of flooding at portions of east campus. Unless specified otherwise, normal campus operation is expected to continue.
SAFETY TIPS DURING THE STORM
- Avoid any outdoor activity that will put your safety at risk.
- If you are in an area where water is rising, seek refuge at higher ground.
- Do not attempt to enter the creek area. Water currents and debris can be dangerous.
- Be cautious when driving, especially if you are unable to see the roadway.
- Avoid standing under trees or near objects that may pose a safety risk.
- In the event of a major emergency, call the Campus Safety emergency line at 562-777-4000, or call 911.
- Adhere to all posted signage. Vehicular and pedestrian travel to areas around the creek may be restricted.
- Pedestrian travel around Thompson Bridge (by Olive Grove Park) may also be restricted.
- Parking spaces close to the creek in Lot G and the soccer field parking structure will be blocked off. Second floor and above of parking structures K & S shall serve as alternate parking locations for parking areas blocked off by Campus Safety.
- Campus Safety will communicate updates and other pertinent information to you via the University Emergency Notification System and/or via other appropriate means.
- Campus Safety and applicable members of the Biola Emergency Response Team (ERT) worked on a pre-storm prep/response plan. Some ERT members will be activated during the storm.
- If you have any questions or concerns about this advisory, please contact the Campus Safety non-emergency line at 562-903-6000.
13800 Biola Avenue
La Mirada, CA 90639