FIRST PLACE: $15,000 and $10,000 Brown & Streza LLP Legal Package.
Illuminate International, a social enterprise publishing children’s books by global storytellers to fund our education empowerment model in under-resourced schools around the world.
- Jordan Perkins
- John (Gianni) Terranova
- Karina Bodemeijer
- Coach: Stan Jantz
SECOND PLACE: $7,500
Wevene.com, empowering brides of all budgets, cultures, and styles to discover quality local small business wedding vendors to plan their ideal wedding day.
- Austen Dutton
- Eugenia Dutton
- Melissa Altamirano
- Kalison Nix
- Coach: Randy Bergstedt
THIRD PLACE: $5,000
Raptor House Effects LLC, an independent special effects design and fabrication shop serving clients in film, television, and internet media. Our team is dedicated to the stewardship of the physical effect craft, and passionate about the union of traditional filmmaking with state of the art manufacturing technologies.
- Jesse Velez
- Cameron Boyce
- Keaton Kerr
- Melissa Velazquez
- Asa Borquist
- Coach: John Schad
WAYFARE AWARD: $1,000 (in services)
liftd: The standard shower caddy makes the communal bathroom shower experience inefficient and dull for female college students. We aim to innovate its design and create a brand that promotes self-care, confidence, and tranquility. In addition to the shower caddy, we will have a line of bath products for tween girls, teenagers, and young women.
- Melissa Sugeng
- Megan Harlander
- Tricia Sada
- Clarissa Rusli
- Coach: Barry Watkins
THANK YOU GUEST SPEAKERS
- Kurt Keilhacker, Founding Partner, Elementum Ventures (and Chairman of the Board, Praxis
- Jessica Rey, Founder and CEO, Rey Swimwear (Biola Startup Competition Advisory Board Member)
- Joel Newton, Founder, The Congregation Virtual Reality Opportunity Fund
- True Tamplin, Biola Business Administration student (and 2016 Praxis Academy graduate)
THANK YOU FINALIST JUDGES
- Russell Bjorkman, Venture Partner & General Counsel, Sovereign’s Capital
- Charles Hu, Co-Founder, Fishermen Labs
- Ruth Lopez Novodor, CEO, Beverly Oncology and Imaging Centers, Medical Group, Inc (Biola Startup Competition Advisory Board Member
- Wes Wasson, CEO and Co-Founder, DreamStart Labs (Biola Startup Competition Advisory Board Member
THANK YOU SPONSORS
- The Briner Institute
- Brown & Streza, LLP
- Chick-fil-A La Habra Marketplace
- Entrepreneurial Leaders Organization
THANK YOU CROWELL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS FACULTY, ADVISORY BOARD AND STEERING COMMITTEE
The Biola Startup Competition is a faith-based entrepreneurial initiative to accelerate startups across the breadth of Biola University. This strategic initiative is self-funded, and we thank all of our sponsors, financial supporters and friends who have made this possible. For sponsorship and kingdom investment information regarding the Crowell School of Business's entrepreneurial strategic initiatives, please contact Robert Harp, Tel. 562.944.0351 ext. 5183.