Lots of progress to report from these last two weeks. Interior paint is now complete on all levels. Teaching wall systems and millwork is being installed throughout the building. Chemical safety cabinets have been placed and other lab casework will soon follow. Mockup spaces in the building have received their final review and site work is in full swing. Campus visitors will notice a new row of palm trees that now line University Drive.
A major excavation on the soccer field adjacent to the building is underway. The underground stormwater retention system will soon be installed. Once this work is complete, the field will be leveled and sodded prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
Please remember to bookmark our construction cameras to stay current on day to day Lim Center progress.
This week's progress photos include the following:
- Excavation of stormwater retention system on soccer field
- New palm trees at north elevation
- Mockup lab at final review stage
- Greenhouse terrace pavers w/ greenhouse pad shown
- Biology conference room at final mockup review stage
- Lower plaza glass curtain wall
- Chemical safety cabinets
- Biology kitchenette