Doing pretty well in your classes? Looking for a way to use those gifts on campus, develop your teaching and leadership skills, build your resume, and get paid all at the same time?
If so, why not become a tutor this semester? The Biola Learning Center is looking for paid tutors in the following areas:
History: 1-2 hrs/wk
Looking for a history major or someone who has at least taken at least 2 of the following classes:
- HIST 108 (US History to 1865)
- HIST 109 (US History since 1865)
- HIST 207 (World Civilization I)
- HIST 208 (World Civilization II)
Looking for a bible major or someone who has taken at least 4 of the following classes:
- BBST 103 (Biblical Interpretation and Spiritual Formation)
- BBST 105 (Foundations of Christian Thought)
- BBST 109 (Old Testament History and Literature)
- BBST 110 (New Testament History and Literature)
- BBST 251 (Theology I)
- BBST 254 (Theology II)
- BBST 306 (Early Christian History - Acts)
Microbiology: 2-4 hrs/wk
O Chem: 1-3 hrs/wk
Business Stats: 3-5 hrs/wk
Reader/Scribe: hours TBD
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants are required to have already completed the specific course and excelled in it (B+ or higher).
- High academic recommendation from the course faculty.
- Excellent social/communication skills, supported by the faculty recommendation.
- Solid understanding of basic study skills.
Preferred Qualification (not required)
- Previous tutoring or TA experience
- Previous experience working with diverse populations
- Hours depend solely on the demand for each subject in a given semester. Applicants should be able and willing to fill these hours, should they be needed.
- Work schedules are based on each tutor's own availability, submitted to and managed by the tutor coordinator, Joyce Oh. Please note: Tutor's hours of availability need not be limited to regular business hours and can include evenings, early morning, and weekend times.