Biola University has a strong evangelical Christian commitment and requires that an accepted applicant be an evangelical believer. However, Biola does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in the admission of students, employment and the educational programs or activities it conducts.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- A grade point average equivalent to a 3.0 "B" average or higher (applicants with a lower GPA can still apply and are considered on a case by case)
- Evangelical believer and in agreement with Biola University's Docrinal Statement
- No GRE is required!
Application Process (International Applicants click here)
- Apply online through Biola University and pay the $65 application fee
- Request official transcripts* from any institution you took courses from (mail the hard copy to: Biola University Graduate Admissions: 13800 Biola Ave; La Mirada, CA 90639). *electronic transcripts are not considered official
- Complete pastor & character reference forms. Send your reference requests online here
Our Graduate Admissions team is not able to review your application until your application is complete, this includes receipt of all transcripts and references. Once your application is complete, applicants are typically notified within 2-4 weeks with an admissions decision.
Benefits of Early Application Submission
- More time to apply for FAFSA and receive financial aid
- Eligible to apply for the Acts 17 New Student Scholarship
- Utilize all payment plan options
- More time to schedule academic advising and choose classes
- Reduced stress
The M.A. in Christian Apologetics admits students for the fall and spring semesters. A completed application includes both references and all transcripts. All applications received by the application deadline are guaranteed to be reviewed by our admissions committee. We will do our best to review any applications received after the application deadline.
July 1: Application Deadline
Last week in August: Semester Begins
December 1: Application Deadline
Last week in January: Semester Begins
- 2014/2015 Academic Year Tuition Rate: $575 per unit. Tuition payment is due at the time of enrollment. Students pay tuition for the units for which they are enrolled that semester.
- Department Scholarship Opportunity: New students are eligible to apply for the Acts 17 Scholarship, which is a 1-year, $1000 academic scholarship. New Students awarded this scholarship will receive $500 their first semester and $500 their second. The scholarship parameters and application are available here and any new MACA or MASR applicant can apply.
- Payment Plans:All students can take advantage of Biola's payment plan options which can be viewed here.
- Federal Assistance: We recommend that all US Citizens complete FAFSA to see what financial aid they are eligible for. If you are planning to apply for financial aid, please submit your M.A. application as early as possible and begin working on your FAFSA.