Biola is prepared to set a foundation for your online learning success through careful assessment of your online learning readiness. This will be accomplished through the use of the SmarterMeasure Assessment during the admissions process and throughout your orientation.
Frequently Asked Questions about Online Learning Technical Requirements:
- Where can I find answers to general Canvas user questions? Consult the Canvas Student Guide to help you find your answers — your professor or the IT department can also assist you.
- I need tech support — who do I call? Click here for Live Chat or to contact IT.
- How do I log in to the Canvas learning management system at Biola University to study online classes? Canvas login instructions.
- What are the basic computer requirements, including screen readers, needed to study in the Canvas learning management system?
- What internet browsers can be used to study using Canvas?
- Will Canvas work on my mobile device? Yes, this link provides information on various device version functionality.
- Is Canvas accessibility (508) compliant?
- Will I need a webcam and headset or earbuds? Yes, most online classes at Biola University will require students to interact with the professor and student colleagues through video — both a webcam (built-in or external) and headset will be required. This is mainly to help develop a learning community based upon relationships, but also to facilitate “office hours" for those faculty members who offer them.
- Canvas Video Formats are noted below:
The Canvas media player supports H.264 video playback. Below are the preferred, acceptable, and unacceptable formats for video files.
- mp4 — Digital Video Format
- 3gp — Digital Video Format
- m4v — Digital Video Format
- mpg — Digital Video Format
- mpeg — Digital Video Format
- Cannot Use
- asf — Windows Media
- avi — Digital Video Format
- flv — Flash Video
- mov — Apple Quick Time
- qt — Apple Quick Time
- wmv — Windows Media