Skip to main content

AP, IB and CLEP Credit

AP, IB and CLEP Credit

Students may receive credit through recognized exams, including AP, IB and CLEP exams. Once your AP, IB, and CLEP exam scores are posted, you need to review the exam equivalency information sheets below to know what courses your exams will fulfill. Pay close attention to necessary exam score minimums on each sheet. 

How can I get my exams to officially count for courses at Biola? 

You need to request the examination organizations (such as the College Board for AP exams) to send an official copy of exam scores directly to Biola University. Once your official scores are processed, your fulfilled credits will post to your Degree Audit on My Account. Note: Processing time could take up to three weeks once exam scores are released. 

What if I am registered for a Biola course that my exam will fulfill (e.g. I’m registered for ENGL 112 but I passed an AP English exam with a 3 or higher)? 

Please drop the already fulfilled course (e.g. ENGL 112/100) on My Account and replace it with another course listed on your Degree Audit. You will not receive credit for both your passed exam and the duplicate Biola course.

Does my major require any specific AP scores?

Some majors have minimum AP scores requirements. Please read the Advanced Placement (AP) Information page thoroughly for information on major-specific AP scores.

Questions regarding exam evaluations should be addressed to the Office of the Registrar at

How do I know what my other transfer classes will fulfill?

Once your official transcripts are processed, your transfer coursework will be posted to your Degree Audit on My Account. Review the transfer course equivalency tool for information on how your college-level coursework will transfer. If a course is transferred as a "General Elective" that you would like to have counted for a specific course, please fill out a transfer petition form during your first semester.