Additional Resources for Faculty Doing Advising
- National Academic Advising Association
- The Mentor: An Academic Advising Journal (Penn State University)
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (Advising Standards)
Suggested Articles by Topic:
Academic Advising As Teaching
- A Developmental View of Academic Advising as Teaching
- Academic Advising as Learning: 10 Organizing Principles
- Learning at the Core: Toward a New Understanding of Academic Advising.
- Advising as Teaching: Establishing Outcomes, Developing Tools, and Assessing Student Learning
- Academic advising: New insights for teaching and learning in the first year
Implications for Student Success and Retention
- Promoting Student Success: What Advisors Can Do
- Student Success in College: Assessing the Conditions for Educational Effectiveness
- Noel Levitz, Inc. (2008). National Research Report. Academic advising highly important to students. Retrieved on April 4, 2009.
Academic Advising in Groups
- NACADA List of Resources
- Two's Company, Three's a Crowd: Can Group Advising Be Appreciative and Effective?
- Integrating Group Advising into a Comprehensive Advising Program
Peer Academic Advising
- Light, R.J. (2001). Making the most of college: Students speak their minds. Cambridge,MA: Harvard University Press.
- Gordon, V.N., Habley, W.R., and Associates. (2000). Academic Advising: A Comprehensive Handbook. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, Inc.
- Students Helping Students: A Guide for Peer Educators on College Campuses [Paperback], Steven C. Ender (Author), Fred B. Newton (Author)