Biola Veterans...We are proud you are here and we thank you for your service!
Biola University is approved as a degree-granting institution for the attendance of veterans under Title 38, U.S. Code. The California State Approving Agency for Veterans Education (SAA) has also authorized the university for the attendance of veterans and veterans' dependents.
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery G.I. Bill
- Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 G.I. Bill
- Chapter 35 - Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 31 - VA Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 1606 - Selected Reserve
Yellow Ribbon School
- Biola is a Yellow Ribbon participating school. Veterans who are eligible under the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill at the 100% benefit rate can apply for the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship (http://media.biola.edu/news/downloads/YellowRibbonApplicationForm.pdf)
- This program is available to 24 undergraduate students and application to the program is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Biola will make a contribution of $2,500.00 on behalf of the individual in the form of a Yellow Ribbon Scholarship and the VA will match that contribution. The student will receive $5,000 per academic year and all subsequent academic years in which the student is eligible for military benefits and the student maintains satisfactory progress, conduct and continuous enrollment.
Ahmanson Veterans’ Scholarship
- Biola also participates in the Ahmanson Veterans Scholarship Initiative, offering scholarships, Collegium memberships, and counseling assistance to veterans with Post 9/11 G.I. Bill benefits who demonstrate financial need.
- Please contact the Financial Aid Office for eligibility.
Military Benefits Coordinator (The Office of the Registrar)
- Services: Veterans or dependents of veterans who plan to enroll in the University are urged to contact the Military Benefits Coordinator by calling or by sending a message well in advance of registration so that the necessary arrangements may be made with the Veterans Administration.
- Location: The Office of the Registrar, Metzger Hall, main level.
- Website: Registrar services & staff. | Phone: 562-903-4720
Local Veteran Resources: