Center for Spiritual Renewal
The Center for Spiritual Renewal is the arm of the Institute for Spiritual Formation developed in order to serve the training and mentoring needs of faculty, ISF graduate students, the Biola student population and the community beyond. The Center is the very heart of its graduate training programs, offering the following ministries:
Ministering to and Training Graduate Students
- As a center for developing community and research for graduate students
- As a center for training M.A. students in Spiritual Formation and Soul Care.
- As a center for training MA students in supervised practicum experiences in spiritual mentoring students.
- As a center for spiritually mentoring graduate students, particularly those of the Institute as well as those at Talbot who would like further assistance and training.
- As a center for providing services to Talbot's Intentional Character Development Program and the spiritual formation of Talbot's community in general.
Ministering to and Training Undergraduate Students
- As a center for spiritual direction and mentoring of undergraduates by ISF graduate students, faculty, and other outside trained spiritual directors.
- As a center for developing undergraduate Bible majors in the experiential, mentoring and soul care dimensions of spiritual formation.
Faculty and Campus Resource and Community Development
- As a center for faculty community development in spiritual formation and mentoring at the personal, curricular, academic, and training levels.
- As a center and resource for Biola's Dorm Resident Directors and Resident Advisors regarding training and referrals in spiritual formation and soul care.
Research Development in the Area of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care
- As a center for spiritual formation and spiritual mentoring research, including the creation of the Evangelical Journal of Spirituality and Soul Care.
Church and Beyond-Biola Resource and Community Development
- As a center for resource development to the Church and community outside Biola, including lay training in spiritual formation and mentoring.