- Ph.D., Fuller Theological Seminary
- M.A., Fuller Theological Seminary
- M.A., Talbot School of Theology
- B.A., California State University, Fullerton
Dr. TenElshof has established and directed counseling centers in churches and Christian schools and is founder and Vice President of Hilltop Renewal Center for Christian leaders. She has authored several journal articles along with chapters in Foundations of Ministry: An Introduction to Christian Education for a New Generation; Short-Term Missions Boom: The Guide to International and Domestic Involvement; and the Christian Education Dictionary. Dr. TenElshof co-authored Women and Men in Ministry: A Complementary Perspective. Her goal for the character development program is to encourage habits of the heart for all Talbot students. Her expertise as a teacher and conference speaker is in helping individuals and families in ministry grow in relationship to God and others.
- NAPCE: North American Professors of Christian Education
- ETS: Evangelical Theological Society
- AACC: American Association of Christian Counselors
- CAPS: Christian Association for Psychological Studies
Awards and Honors
- Biola University Robert B. Fischer Award for Faculty Excellence, 2009
- “Women and Men in Ministry.” Editors: Dr. Robert Saucy and Dr. Judy TenElshof. Moody Press, 2001.
- “Family Life Education.” Introduction to Christian Education. Anthony, Michael, Editor. Baker Publishers, 2001.
- “Discipline”, “Family Morality”, “Models of Parenting”, “Extended Family”. Christian Education Dictionary Julie Gorman and Michael J. Anthony, Editors. Zondervan Publishing, 2000.
- “Selecting and Screening Volunteers for Service” Short-Term Missions Boom: The Guide to International and Domestic Involvement. Michael J. Anthony, Editor. Baker, 1994.
- “Ministries to Families in the Local Church” and “Counseling Ministry in the Church” Foundations of Ministry, An Introduction to Christian Education for a New Generation. Michael J. Anthony, Editor. Victor Books, 1992.
- “Spiritual Formation: How Can Christian Education be Intentional?” Christian Education Journal. Spring 2001
- “Intentional Character Development for Seminary Students.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, March 1999.
- “The Relationship Between Adult Attachment and Spiritual Maturity of Seminary Students.” The Journal of Psychology and Theology, Summer 2000.
- Christian Spiritual and Character Development and Renewal
- Women in Christian ministry